Sony Six acquires rights to broadcast India-New Zealand series

• Thread starter Shubham
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 71
  • Views: Views 8,977
Sony Six wins rights for New Zealand-India cricket series The rights were earlier with Nimbus
Sony Six has acquired the exclusive broadcast rights to the New Zealand vs India cricket series. The 30 day tour scheduled between 19 January and 18 February 2014 includes five ODIs followed by two Test Matches and will be held in New Zealand.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/sony-six-wins-rights-for-new-zealand-india-cricket-series-114010900424_1.html

Asian Cricket Council terminates Nimbus’ agreement and floats a fresh tender for TV and sponsorship rights Star bags the TV and sponsorship rights of Asia Cup 2014 to be held in Bangladesh. The Asia Cup matches will be telecast on Star Sports, the sports broadcast subsidiary of Star India. Star Sports A total of 11 matches will be played during the tournament from 25 February to 8 March

http://www.televisionpost.com/television/star-india-gains-from-nimbus-loss-bags-asia-cup-rights

mP6rniP.png

nBHnjDq.png

But I have one doubt,Sony network grab rights for only Nz vs India series or entire Nz cricket rights?

I think Nz vs India series also broadcast in Neo prime becoz in hindustan times and business standard article it's not mentioned that Neo prime lost rights of NZ cricket.Then how we can believe that Neo prime is completely out of race?

No I think they grab only Ind vs nz series alone! Let us wait & watch about on going nz & wi series if they telecast 1st t20 match on Jan 11th means they got full nz board rights otherwise they got only Ind vs nz rights alone!

karanrudra93 said:
I think Nz vs India series also broadcast in Neo prime becoz in hindustan times and business standard article it's not mentioned that Neo prime lost rights of NZ cricket.Then how we can believe that Neo prime is completely out of race?

Two Broadcaster Can't Get Same Right

vicky2694 said:
No I think they grab only Ind vs nz series alone! Let us wait & watch about on going nz & wi series if they telecast 1st t20 match on Jan 11th means they got full nz board rights otherwise they got only Ind vs nz rights alone!

They said on their fb page that they are only airing ind-nz series and not the ongoing wi-nz series.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock