Good News Star Bharat revamped

Of all the typefaces in this world, they used this??? So gauche.

This typeface called Noto Sans Devanagari is a staple in android phones.

They should've used the new Anek Devanagari typeface instead. Or would've continued with the Mukta typeface.
The only thing that is bothering me right now is the typeface. I mean, which channel (other than TImes Now Navbharat) uses such a typeface that is used only on an android phone?

Better if they used a much good looking typeface, rather than Noto sans devanagari, for this channel.
Poor choice of font. Noto sans devanagari which is a standard font in android phones has been used in this channel.

Maybe they should've used the new Anek Devanagari typeface. It would've looked great on the channel.
See dada, there is no point trying to debate on whether Noto Sans or Mukta or Kohinoor or Hind is better. All are perfectly legible and popular; some are free and some are not, and each channel or network has their own preference about them.

Disney Star has a simple guideline nowadays: you should use Kohinoor for the flagship channels wherever possible. So Star Plus, Star Gold (Devanagari only), Star Jalsha/Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah/Pravah Picture, Star Vijay/Vijay Super all use the respective Latin and regional versions of Kohinoor. Meanwhile Star Suvarna uses Baloo Tamma, and Star Kiran uses Baloo Bhaina. Baloo is a free font but serves the purpose very well. The exceptions here are Star Maa and Asianet, which always dance to their own tune. In fact Star Maa is the only channel to use Cádiz, the font used in the website and social media of Disney Star. Asianet always uses ITC Avant Garde no matter what.

Also note that the Zee network uses the Volte font family instead. Some channels such as Zee TV use Gotham for Latin ad Volte for Devanagari. If you want to see a channel using Volte in Latin, Zee Punjabi is the best example.

At the end of the day, I see no harm in Star or any other network using Noto Sans or any other free font as long as it suits their tastes. I do understand that Noto Sans is overused all over the world, and Noto Sans Devanagari (as well as Poppins) is overused in Hindi websites. But if the purpose is to make Star Bharat’s font look different from Star Plus’s, then it has succeeded.

Some snaps of the in-show promo, closing credits and disclaimer.

sa0oXSX.jpg

ONHhi6c.jpg
nMuQqdI.jpg

t3sAuha.jpg

ThoIOik.jpg
Owxk0mL.jpg
YxWAHMF.jpg
QhEDILW.jpg
2F5f446.jpg
8xyZGaS.jpg

Last edited:
That's nice but i really want Star Bharat to became famous once again just like 2017 COVID made the channel downfall and recently it got resurrected with good shows like albelaa
Okay, we shall pray for you , now sit back and enjoy revamping

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock