Star India in flux as disney gains ground

i feel these are just mere speculations.... these indian news have no other job other then sensitizing news....currently Star in number 1 network why would they kill it...

Hulu? More Successful? I never heard about this streaming service ever before until Disney- Fox acquisition News Broke Out! Hulu doesn't have brand recognition outside USA.
Comon buddy, Hulu has 32 million in the US alone. U doesn't know it doesn't mean its not successful. Netflix also would not be known to many if its not launched in India dude. I know many people who pay for Vpn and as Hulu subscriptions to watch content in 2017-2018 only.

Last edited:
@amansingh
Just Because star presents sports in not your favourite manner it's doesn't mean you will use such harsh words on India's largest broadcaster? How much you know about Star? Do you know how much struggled they have to achieved #1 position?
Have you seen how many markets star is dominant? Have you seen Hotstar? Which has given the access to watch HBO CONTENT,FX CONTENT,FOX CONTENT LEGALLY IN INDIA? you can't be that harsh! Seriously? Don't spread negativity for sake.
They made football exclusive to HD users when most users didn't had HDTVs. They than converted English GECs to new SD sports channel bring football back to SD users. Affecting both English Entertainment and Sports viewers. They were also notorious to air months old cricket highlights than airing live football matches.

Last edited:
Common buddy, Hulu has 32 million in the US alone. U doesn't know it doesn't its not successful. Netflix also would not be known to many if its not launched in India dude. I know many people who pay for Vpn and as Hulu subscriptions to watch content.
Just Because they provide The content from all major TV Networks! Their Originals are not strong, how will they manage when licensing deal with be over? They will be dependent on ABC,FX,FreeForm,NatGeo,Disney Content 😂
& Netflix? Before coming to india, they have been expanded in most of the countries, people knew about Netflix due to their path breaking series.

Common buddy, Hulu has 32 million in the US alone. U doesn't know it doesn't its not successful. Netflix also would not be known to many if its not launched in India dude. I know many people who pay for Vpn and as Hulu subscriptions to watch content in 2017-2018 only.
Hulu has better content than Disney+ too as it's not forced to stick to family friendly content.

They made football exclusive to HD users when most users didn't had HDTVs. They than converted English GECs to new SD sports channel bring football back to SD users. Affecting both English Entertainment and Sports watchers. They were also notorious to air months old cricket highlights than airing live football matches.
Star loves Cricket. Also read the first line of my earlier message.[/QUOTE]

I said you before just because star doesn't broadcast sports in your prefer

Star loves Cricket. Also read the first line of my earlier message.
I prefer cricket over football anyday. I was more upset over FX and FX HD's shutdown over introduction of Star Sports Select channels. But as a broadcaster I won't be stupid to overpay for something on which I have to make profit in an awful long run only to please my personal preference over my network's profits.

I prefer cricket over football anyday. I was more upset over FX and FX HD's shutdown over introduction of Star Sports Select channels. But as an broadcaster I won't be stupid to overpay for something on which I have to make profit in an awful long run only to please my personal preference over my network's profits.
Yup! But that dosen't mean to blame THE WHOLE COMPANY. StarSports is a cricket driven channel even people know that!

Yup! But that dosen't mean to blame THE WHOLE COMPANY. StarSports is a cricket driven channel even people know that!
Tell me whether Star Sports is a profit driven business right now for Disney or not?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock