DDF Exclusive Star India new Rio Packages as per old TRAI rules w.e.f 1st Feb 2020

• Thread starter Thread starter SarFa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 26
  • Views Views: Views 10,526
Only for one month new rio pack introduced, can't understand reason behind that, did trai cancel all the current pack ? Cant trai allow another 30 days ?? God knows

Only for one month new rio pack introduced, can't understand reason behind that, did trai cancel all the current pack ? Cant trai allow another 30 days ?? God knows

Consider it as an business agreement. If you are doing business with a client under an agreement, and if it reaches the end of term, you need to renew the agreement to continue business with him even if it is for a single day.

The current RIO ends on Jan 31 2020. If DPOs has to carry the channels from 1st Feb 2020, they have to renew the agreement. And for this new term, broadcasters (Star in this case) have released a fresh rate card. This new rates will be applicable from 1st Feb 2020.

Now, these new RIO released by various broadcasters are as per Telecom Tariff Order 2017. However TRAI has made amendments to this act and released a Telecom Tariff Order (2nd amendment) 2020, which is discussed in a separate thread.

So, in order to comply with the new amendment broadcasters have to release another RIO which abides the new rules. This will come into effect from 1st March 2020.

Now the question arises why new tariff for just 1 month. Because as said above, it is mandatory to renew agreement when it expires. And it is the right of broadcasters to fix the rates for their channels.

Also they would be optimistic, to get some kind of court ruling to postpone the enforcement of new amendment. If such case arises, then this new tariff will be continued until the case is settled.

In my opinion, as per annexure channel prices not reduced. First collum is MRP of the channel which a subscriber has to pay and in the 2nd collum DPOs has to pay to the broadcaster. 20% of each channel is the commission to the DPOs.
(What I understood after seeing the all threads of different broadcasters RIO list)
If I am not wrong.
experts pls advice.

Back
Top Bottom