DDF Exclusive Star India new Rio Packages as per old TRAI rules w.e.f 1st Feb 2020

In my opinion, as per annexure channel prices not reduced. First collum is MRP of the channel which a subscriber has to pay and in the 2nd collum DPOs has to pay to the broadcaster. 20% of each channel is the commission to the DPOs.
(What I understood after seeing the all threads of different broadcasters RIO list)
If I am not wrong.
experts pls advice.

Did you read all the posts on this thread. The answer to your question is already available in this thread. That too just a couple of posts above your reply.

Not just him and not just this thread, i see this happening in all the RIO and the new tariff order related threads. Yes, i do agree there are certain confusion hanging around the tariffs and rules, but still we could actually read all the replies on the thread before asking our doubts. There is a fair chance the question is already answered in that very same thread.

I see almost every 2nd or 3rd reply asks about reduction in alacarte prices or NCF. It has been well explained already on respective threads. If we start reading the whole thread before replying we would get all the answers we need. Please co-operate.

Consider it as an business agreement. If you are doing business with a client under an agreement, and if it reaches the end of term, you need to renew the agreement to continue business with him even if it is for a single day.

The current RIO ends on Jan 31 2020. If DPOs has to carry the channels from 1st Feb 2020, they have to renew the agreement. And for this new term, broadcasters (Star in this case) have released a fresh rate card. This new rates will be applicable from 1st Feb 2020.

Now, these new RIO released by various broadcasters are as per Telecom Tariff Order 2017. However TRAI has made amendments to this act and released a Telecom Tariff Order (2nd amendment) 2020, which is discussed in a separate thread.

So, in order to comply with the new amendment broadcasters have to release another RIO which abides the new rules. This will come into effect from 1st March 2020.

Now the question arises why new tariff for just 1 month. Because as said above, it is mandatory to renew agreement when it expires. And it is the right of broadcasters to fix the rates for their channels.

Also they would be optimistic, to get some kind of court ruling to postpone the enforcement of new amendment. If such case arises, then this new tariff will be continued until the case is settled.
thanks for explaining bro, but they can make a new agreement note that all old plan will be continue for another 30 days . that may be enough. It happens some times when old agreement expires. Anyway if they have introduced only for 30 days- they these may be some hints - what will be the new bouquets are coming from March 1. It is surely that some popular bouquets & channels r increasing the rate

1. they can make a new agreement note that all old plan will be continue for another 30 days.

2. these may be some hints - what will be the new bouquets are coming from March 1. It is surely that some popular bouquets & channels r increasing the rate

1. But bro, as i said in my explanation, it's the right of the broadcasters to fix the rate for their channels. They can decide if they will continue with old rates or provide a new rate card. They might want to alter the rates of some channels based on the viewership data. So a fresh rate card becomes necessary.

2. We need to segregate the channels into 3 categories - premium, popular and less-demanding. The new rules forces broadcasters to reduce alacarte prices if they have to make bouquets. Also another rule checks for average MRP of alacarte in a bouquet. To counter these rules and have minimum damage, broadcasters might take less-demanding channels (priced below ₹1) as FTA - which will eventually increase average MRP, as remaining channels will be highly priced. Reduce/maintain premium channels alacarte, and increase popular channels alacarte - so that the bouquet prices won't drop a lot from current rates. They will use all possible loopholes in the order. After all they are doing business. This is just my personal opinion.

*u r right bro, obviously its their choice to give customers relief or loot more & more
*Star is always like monster demon in the market. Always give premium content at premium price. If we boycott IPL & ICC tourments & some ekta kapoor serial just for 6 months- then they will feel the heat. Otherwise they will be show selfishness as always

Top Broadcasters might agree on removing most popular channels from bouquets and price them as earlier, at Rs 19 per month. If things don’t work out, they may to keep those channels in their bouquets again with new a la carte rate.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock