Breaking Star Published NTO 2.0 RIO

Local cable operators will create their own pack combining those popular high priced channels and push them on subscribers, not giving them other options to select packs of their choice. Most of the cable subscribers in rural areas don't even know that they can select channels as per their choice.
Yes Previously out of big4( Star , Zee, Sony, V18) They used to drop 1 and give rest 3 bouquets along with required channels from remaining 1 network at 250 rs here at my city. Now looking at these prices They'll drop 2 🤣

Yes Previously out of big4( Star , Zee, Sony, V18) They used to drop 1 and give rest 3 bouquets along with required channels from remaining 1 network at 250 rs here at my city. Now looking at these prices They'll drop 2
You are quite right. But the telecom regulator itself should take the initiative to solve this problem. Just as DTH service providers provide the facility to select and exclude channels through the mobile app, so should cable TVs make it mandatory. And the biggest liability I see now is the network carriage fee.

Yes Previously out of big4( Star , Zee, Sony, V18) They used to drop 1 and give rest 3 bouquets along with required channels from remaining 1 network at 250 rs here at my city. Now looking at these prices They'll drop 2 🤣

For rural cable customers and providers, monthly bill is the fixed unit (mostly 200-250 rupees) and provider should fit maximum possible channels into that.
Just like filling petrol for Rs.100, irrespective of the price/litre.

Update:

Unlike NTO 1.0, This Time Broadcasters Going To Loss Some Bucks On Their Net Profit! - But How??

Because Of Excessive Price Of Prime Channels Broadcasters And DTHs Working On A Scheme

Where DTHs Will Be Benefitted More Than NTo 1.0

Broadcasters In Discussion With DTHs For Making Their Prime Channels On DPO Packs!

- Awaiting More Details
Can DPOs add Rs.12+ channels on their packs in NTO 2.0?

So now broadcasters should pay huge huge amounts to operators to include their high priced channels into dpo packs.

Update:

Unlike NTO 1.0, This Time Broadcasters Going To Loss Some Bucks On Their Net Profit! - But How??

Because Of Excessive Price Of Prime Channels Broadcasters And DTHs Working On A Scheme

Where DTHs Will Be Benefitted More Than NTo 1.0

Broadcasters In Discussion With DTHs For Making Their Prime Channels On DPO Packs!

- Awaiting More Details

DTH and cable can show those channels as recommended / popular / together bought channel etc while selecting a DPO pack, channel priced more than 12 cannot be part of DPO pack (DTH/Cable pack)

DTH and cable can show those channels as recommended / popular / together bought channel etc while selecting a DPO pack, channel priced more than 12 cannot be part of DPO pack (DTH/Cable pack)
As per NTO 2.0 document, channels priced above ₹12 cannot be part of broadcaster bouquets. Nowhere I read a statement that such channels cannot be part of distributor (DPO) bouquets.

TRAI's NTO 2.0

Clause 4(4) provides, inter alia, the following additional restrictions:

(a) No DPO bouquet can contain the pay channel whose MRP is more than Rs.12/-(just as for broadcasters, this was reduced from Rs.19/-by the 2020 Tariff Order Amendment).

(b) The DRP of DPO bouquet cannot be less than 85% of the sum of all its components viz. à-la-carte channels or broadcaster bouquets. This is a far more stringent requirement than 33.33% in the case of broadcasters.

This means that there is 15% cap on discount, which DPO can offer. Thus, 15% cap comes into play only after the direct “trickle down” effect of the twin condition has done it job

Bombay High Court Judgement

TRAI's NTO 2.0

Clause 4(4) provides, inter alia, the following additional restrictions:

(a) No DPO bouquet can contain the pay channel whose MRP is more than Rs.12/-(just as for broadcasters, this was reduced from Rs.19/-by the 2020 Tariff Order Amendment).

(b) The DRP of DPO bouquet cannot be less than 85% of the sum of all its components viz. à-la-carte channels or broadcaster bouquets. This is a far more stringent requirement than 33.33% in the case of broadcasters.

This means that there is 15% cap on discount, which DPO can offer. Thus, 15% cap comes into play only after the direct “trickle down” effect of the twin condition has done it job
So DPOs can offer their packs consists with a 15% discount a la carte, broadcaster packs.

Cable operators such as TCCL create their own packs in order to reduce the prices as well as to increase their revenue. The monthly bill will cost Rs. 250 to 300.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock