DDF Exclusive Star suvarna plus converting to GEC

• Thread starter Aksgr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 10,656
I am guessing Star Suvarna some On Air Serials moving to Suvarna plus

I am guessing Star Suvarna some On Air Serials moving to Suvarna plus
Yes, they can telecast afternoon airing serials from suvarna to suvarna plus from 8pm slots. Then both the channels can generate revenue, instead of just chasing 1st position

Yes, they can telecast afternoon airing serials from suvarna to suvarna plus from 8pm slots. Then both the channels can generate revenue, instead of just chasing 1st position
Yes 5 pm BBB and 5:30 pm Satyam Shivam Sundaram serials deserved prime time slots
Even afternoon serials

Star suvarna plus can telecast
8pm - Aramane gili
8.30pm - Yajamani
9pm - Sruthi Seridaga
9.30pm - Anuroopa
10pm - Lakumi
10.30pm - Milana

And slowly they can air new serials, where the slots are weak

Last edited:
I prefer not to do so(converting to 2nd GEC).
Look at Malayalam, Asianet has a huge monopoly and they revamped Asianet Plus to a GEC, but failed. Vijay Super, Maa Gold(2 big markets) also slowly went away from entertainment genre. And Kannada is the most poor performing market of Star, their flagship itself is average. So this will be an inappropriate decision.
Tamil,Telugu, Malayalam and Bangla- Better performing market for Star than Kannada. But here all either 2nd GEC attempts failed or not attempted.
Better to follow Vijay Super(from GEC to silently movie channel, then officially revamped to a 24 hr movie channel and became successful).

Last edited:
I prefer not to do so(converting to 2nd GEC).
Look at Malayalam, Asianet has a huge monopoly and they revamped Asianet Plus to a GEC, but failed. Vijay Super, Maa Gold(2 big markets) also slowly went away from entertainment genre. And Kannada is the most poor performing market of Star, their flagship itself is average. So this will be an inappropriate decision.
Tamil,Telugu, Malayalam and Bangla- Better performing market for Star than Kannada. But here all either 2nd GEC attempts failed or not attempted.
Better to follow Vijay Super(from GEC to silently movie channel, then officially revamped to a 24 hr movie channel and became successful).
Trp is not taken seriously by media networks these days. The main they want is subscription.so they are using this strategy to attract audience

Malayalam gec asianet plus converted to 2nd movie channel..it affect trp of first movie channel asianet movies..they are always confused about plus.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock