sun hd channels review in D2h

coolguymd0810

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

( this is my personal view to the sun hd in d2h )

i upgraded to platinum pack and checked the quality of sun hd channels.

1) Sun HD :

old movie:

Both SD and HD channel showed the movies of same size , not even up sales in video quality. ( no full screen like in other HD channels )

I am showing the sample pics from current program took in mobile

new movie in with out HD

laoITd5.jpg

new movie with hd

hkGWP3c.jpg

PICTURE QUALITY IS GOOD for New movies in HD , but no 5.1 audio

KUTTY CHUTTY

Below is with out HD channel: so you can see it is not in full screen .
AqPj2eU.jpg

Below is with HD channel: the screen is showing with full and pic is good.

wCjt4hR.jpg

when it comes to ads in HD channels the screen will come to 4:3 screen - that will look irritate.( also in sun music channel ).

so when there is some programs in HD like serials , cine functions the sun hd will be good , but when any movie is shown there is not much difference.

2) SUN MUSIC HD

The sound quality is average less then SD channel but picture clarity is better then SD . there is only stereo audio is available in these HD channels unlike other HD channels where we can choose between normal / high quality sounds .when you connect to HT or normal stereo speaker sun hd channels are just average . :angry

3) KTV HD

Ktv SD = Ktv HD from long distance viewing no difference. :wall

summaries:
1. normal audio only.
2. HD picture clarity is good for few hd programs, when advertisement comes it will shrink to small.
3. sun music hd quality is average.
4. HD clarity suitable for new programs taken in HD.:s
so not all programs will be in HD for sun hd channels.

instead of changing your packs ( i upgrade to platinum hd for sun hd ) just subscribe any one channel of your choice for 40 rs with out changing your existing pack. :k

From ur opinion i think ktv HD is waste to subscribe. There is no HD content except very few new movies and no 5.1 audio.

In my view:

I ignore K TV hd.

Sun TV hd is good.

Sun Music HD is good except advertisements. Audio is also very low. But this lower volume is helping me to get clear sound...

Nice review :c.

You guys check out the list of HD programs in HD Programs List - SUNTVHD Channel

Sun Music HD all news songs will be telecast in Full HD(midnight or early morning old songs will come in 4:3)

Gemini TVHD and KTV HD full time upscaled only since day 1

Highly Disappointed with Gemini HD

I dint expect much from this channel. Just thought the content would be in full screen in 16:9 aspect ratio. Two latest movies since afternoon and both of them just stretched. I donno what programs are they going to broadcast in HD.

Adding HD beside the channel name doesn't make it a HD channel. As of now the SD and HD version are very similar. HD PQ better but not very different from SD. The SD version itself is too good on my 42inch TV. Atleast I can change STB setting to see picture in full screen which is not possible in HD version.

Definitely not worth the money. Glad I couldn't upgrade to New South Platinum HD atleast for now. So this is how Sun Direct has been deceiving their HD subscribers all these years. Hope they add more HD content gradually as they did for Sun TV and Sun Music.

Guys! Looks Good Review,

But Need To Say Sun HD & Sun Music HD Really Nice,

KTV HD & Gemini HD, Looks Bad, We Knew It Because Of Contents,

It May Take Some Time To Give Full HD Contents,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Gemini HD and KTV HD were started in Dec-2011.... Still they could not find any HD content? Shame of them.... If they dont have any HD content, they should stop HD channels... I shouldn't have added SunHD pack( I thought they would change after adding their HD channels in other platforms.. but they haven't)

How can they find HD content when there are no HD movies :p. Only few movies are released in HD so far so I think its better to remove KTV HD

v_srikanth961 said:
Highly Disappointed with Gemini HD

I dint expect much from this channel. Just thought the content would be in full screen in 16:9 aspect ratio. Two latest movies since afternoon and both of them just stretched. I donno what programs are they going to broadcast in HD.

Adding HD beside the channel name doesn't make it a HD channel. As of now the SD and HD version are very similar. HD PQ better but not very different from SD. The SD version itself is too good on my 42inch TV. Atleast I can change STB setting to see picture in full screen which is not possible in HD version.

Definitely not worth the money. Glad I couldn't upgrade to New South Platinum HD atleast for now. So this is how Sun Direct has been deceiving their HD subscribers all these years. Hope they add more HD content gradually as they did for Sun TV and Sun Music.

Rightly said... We need to bring this point to videocon as the meaning of asli hd is totally lost because of sun hd channelss...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock