Breaking Sun TV plans to convert Sun Life as second Tamil GEC from 7th October

• Thread starter Thread starter Viki
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 440
  • Views Views: Views 79,458
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may enter in top 5.But I think it can't reach more than 4th ot 5th spot. Colors tamil, jaya etc will be the major competitors. Star vijay Zee tamil continue on its 2nd and 3rd spot randomly.
IMO the 3 main tamil channels(sun,vijay,Zee tamil) had both pros and cons. I think good technicians and talented team was with Star vijay and Zee tamil than Sun TV.Movies are good to watch in Sun TV(sd).Afterall monopoly had a major role in determining trp. If sun is brave why can't they make same result in Malayalam market. There star has monopoly.
Just for an example Nandini is one of the no. 1 program in Tamil, at the same time it can't make a single entry in top 5/top 10 of other 3 languages.In malayalam Nandini is one of the least viewed serial. I mean in some market content quality had less importance.

Last edited:
For example not very popular Tamilan Tv,MK Tv,Mega Tv,Vasanth Tv has some real viewership & content and moving little bit up Raj Tv,Kalaignar Tv,Jaya Tv & Polimer Tv too developed a strong base and one cannot exactly tell these channels will be a mute spectator and remains at a null Ratings.
Can you explain? I always thought these channels exist only for the sake of their party*. They don't have viewers and they don't care for viewership. At least this is what I thought.
*Raj and Polimer don't have any party, but they come under the same category. Captain TV belongs to a party and I am including that also.

Last edited:
Sun Life is not a Second GEC, its youth oriented Tamil Channel...

Still many no eager to see sun life channel launch.it will be usual boring serials with illegal affairs...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How many of you really like to watch movies in sun TV and ktv with lot of cuts of important scenes and good songs just to complete the movie within timing..

Can you explain? I always thought these channels exist only for the sake of their party*. They don't have viewers and they don't care for viewership. At least this is what I thought.
*Raj and Polimer don't have any party, but they come under the same category. Captain TV belongs to a party and I am including that also.

Raj Tv already revamped & Jaya Tv to revamp next month their entire programming lineup to get more viewers and keep their traditional base strong and both are already well proven & a very standard channels with Jaya TV alone political based but definitely they give good entertainment too.

Next about Polimer Tv,it has a lineup of dubbed & mythical contents and it has it's own viewer base,distribution platform as well and its available in HD too in their own network and even ardent fans believe Polimer Tv to be the main competitor to Sun Tv.

Kalaignar Tv too started as competitor to Sun Tv Network and a complete revamp of the Channel is expected to be soon within a year.

I would say all these four I mentioned above is in Top 10 and definitely looking to adapt their lineup based on current trends to improve their ratings.

All the other Channels I mentioned like Vasanth Tv,Mega Tv,Tamilan Tv,Captain Tv and MK Tv not too bad and each has different sets of programs targetting different Audiences and developed a strong base and own set of regular viewers who are thinking beyond top 5 networks.

Last edited:
How many of you really like to watch movies in sun TV and ktv with lot of cuts of important scenes and good songs just to complete the movie within timing..
I
think you have not seen movies during the week days on Zee Tamil 4 pm .....

IMG_20180925_001916.jpg
Thanos Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom