Breaking Sun TV plans to convert Sun Life as second Tamil GEC from 7th October

• Thread starter Thread starter Viki
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 440
  • Views Views: Views 79,456
Status
Not open for further replies.
Already enough explanation regarding that hypothetical connection between political power to attain success in entertainment Industry has been clarified well to you by other members.

One important & simple thing is without quality content a channel cant grow as they wish just like that and this applies well to upcoming Sun Life Channel too and Viewers are boss and not like your Political Bosses can dictate your preferences,you have to understand that very deeply.

Finally on your comment "No comments".
Political power is nothing. Such a big joke. It has huge potential to influence market, driving out competitors, and thrusting the target upon audience and much more. How did sumangali grow under dmk regime? Is it because of some toil. No, it's because of the political hegemony exerted by dmk and co. To tell in your language, an outsider knows much. 😁

Political power is nothing. Such a big joke. It has huge potential to influence market, driving out competitors, and thrusting the target upon audience and much more. How did sumangali grow under dmk regime? Is it because of some toil. No, it's because of the political hegemony exerted by dmk and co. To tell in your language, an outsider knows much. 😁

Kindly face the reallity of the present beyond SCV now there is number of cable operators and still Sun leads and it's because of quality content alone and it's present, coming to past since there is political power few of your points forms a valid argument but Im highly confident that this is invalid thrusting upon us their contents forcefully how in the world it's possible ,right from the beginning of Tamil TV era we had options to choose between Channels either it's DD National or Sun TV or Raj TV and along with that plenty of other genre channels too and slowly by 2000s we had close to 100+ channels and nowhere nobody forced any Tamil viewer to watch specific channels alone for sure.

Infact now there is some pay channel differentiation but then we had no holds barred entertainment and never in my entire lifetime I thought I was forced to watch only Sun TV and I'm confident of that and also confident many other Tamil Tv Audience like me will accept the same.

Last edited:
@rishuboy please learn some manners which is taught free of cost. You have no right to defame any brand be it sun , moon etc. Please learn decency. You are not showing a good character in a public forum. I am not a Tamilian but I am telling you that you dont have any right to defame sun, moon anything. I use sun direct but I prefered to vote for tata sky this month because I felt it deserves it. Dont blindly support or oppose somebody. Please. Dont get urself banned.

@rishuboy please learn some manners which is taught free of cost. You have no right to defame any brand be it sun , moon etc. Please learn decency. You are not showing a good character in a public forum. I am not a Tamilian but I am telling you that you dont have any right to defame sun, moon anything. I use sun direct but I prefered to vote for tata sky this month because I felt it deserves it. Dont blindly support or oppose somebody. Please. Dont get urself banned.
Okay, professor. I'm so pleased to know this.

Mod Note: Watch your tone please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kindly face the reallity of the present beyond SCV now there is number of cable operators and still Sun leads and it's because of quality content alone and it's present, coming to past since there is political power few of your points forms a valid argument but Im highly confident that this is invalid thrusting upon us their contents forcefully how in the world it's possible ,right from the beginning of Tamil TV era we had options to choose between Channels either it's DD National or Sun TV or Raj TV and along with that plenty of other genre channels too and slowly by 2000s we had close to 100+ channels and nowhere nobody forced any Tamil viewer to watch specific channels alone for sure.

Infact now there is some pay channel differentiation but then we had no holds barred entertainment and never in my entire lifetime I thought I was forced to watch only Sun TV and I'm confident of that and also confident many other Tamil Tv Audience like me will accept the same.
See, you're missing the point about distribution. Without this basic understanding, you're hitting nadir of intelligence. Only when there is a proper distribution, you will get the content for consumption. Sun blocked that for it's petty gains. Isn't it fraudulent? Is it something to be defended ? Is it something to be proud of? Maybe, for few sun fanatics

Bro whatever you said in your post, you do it yourself. Don't take me wrongly but its true.

No idea how can you say such thing. I think you feel like that but you have been thinking about yourself very very wrongly.

You have been a blind supporter of Sun Direct, be it day or night. You have voted them back to back for 9 months. Whether any other DTH did better or worse, doesn't matter to you. Because of recent happenings you voted for Tata Sky this time.

Be good in real before giving people any kind of lesson.

If you are going to give some silly clarification now, i am going to ignore them because i want to stay in reality. Accepting this would need big courage as you fired from the gun already. Bishnu bro, i have no hard feelings for you but i could not stop myself from speaking writing because i want to see this forum going in right path.

Anyways, honest request to all - please do not post further off topics in the thread, be it advise or whatever. Be constructive and atleast team won't have a problem with you.

See, you're missing the point about distribution. Without this basic understanding, you're hitting nadir of intelligence. Only when there is a proper distribution, you will get the content for consumption. Sun blocked that for it's petty gains. Isn't it fraudulent? Is it something to be defended ? Is it something to be proud of? Maybe, for few sun fanatics

I stop with this comment ,

Tamil Tv viewer at any point of time never been in a position like you make it out like a slave to a political master and feed on all kinds of trash that gets offloaded.

Here in this thread someone told , SUN didn't allow Zee , Sony & Star to enter South Indian Market.

As mentioned in this thread earlier.

Star didn't apply for any license in past for south Indian channel. Their strategy is to acquire existing channel and enter market (Maa , Asianet , Vijay). So their point on STAR become invalid.

Same story with Sony as well. Sony yet to enter to south regional market.

Coming to Zee , I asked the guys whether they know anything about Kaveri and Bharathi TV. None has replied. People who know the Kaveri TV and Bharathi TV , knows the Zee story.

Kaveri and Bharathi TV were the channels from the Zee in partnership with Aisanet in Kannada and Tamil in early 2000's.

But , it didn't go well and partnership with Asisnet didn't last long.

After they Zee took it's time to enter regional channels.

Asianet is the leader in Malayalam , Asianet has the control of cable TV network in Kerala. Zee entering Malayalam market only now , so is it would be right to say Asianet didn't allow Zee to enter Malayalam till date? It would be id*otic statement , if I say that.

Every channel has their own market analysis team , they do through research before that take a decision to enter into a market.

That's why SUN didn't enter Bengali, Hindi and Marathi market in past though they announced.

I should not say Zee , Star or Sony didn't allow to enter Bengali and Marathi market.

Regarding , their methods to maintain monopoly through cable service. No one is saint in that , be it Siti Cable , VK Digital (Polimer) SCV all are same.

In one of the reply I asked someone to check RPG - Bengal Cable TV story.

SUN TV's SCV was supposed to buy RPG Cable the deal was done , but with in days Siti bought RPG in May 2005. Note , SUN supposed to start Bengali channel in 2005 and use SCV to promote.

Lastly , Can debate with whom has valid points to put , than diverting the topics and have half baked infos.

I stop with this comment ,

Tamil Tv viewer at any point of time never been in a position like you make it out like a slave to a political master and feed on all kinds of trash that gets offloaded.
Such an illogocial, racist one. If you're ignorant of whatever that has happened in distribution, none can help you. Just live in your ignorant world because reality is hard to be faced for people like you.

Such an illogocial, racist one. If you're ignorant of whatever that has happened in distribution, none can help you. Just live in your ignorant world because reality is hard to be faced for people like you.

What reallity Zee & Star struggling to conquer Tamil Tv market even after decades of fight and that's really a very hard reallity to digest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom