Tamil Movies Updates & Reviews

• Thread starter Vicky
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,149
  • Views: Views 114,752
Suriya's 24 bags two National Awards

Suriya's 24 the film based on the concept of time travel has now got national recognition. The film has got two national awards.

1.Best production design - Amit Ray and Subrata Chakraborty

2.Best Cinematography- S. Thirunavukarasu

Suriya took to twitter to congratulate them

http://cinedaddy.com/cinema/06/138705?ref=top_imp

Rajinikanth To Play Haji Mastan In His 161st Film?

Superstar Rajinikanth and Pa. Ranjith’s much anticipated movie Kabali hit screens last year and it took the box office by storm with some new records. If Kabali was based on Tamil people’s plight in Malaysia which was attributed as a real story of many Tamil-Malaysian citizens, then the upcoming venture of Rajini-Ranjith Combo too, is rumoured to be based on a real life character.
The yet to be untitled 161st movie of Thalaivar is said to be based on Mirza Haji Mastan.

Mastan Haider Mirza, fondly known as Haji Mastan was a Tamil Muslim who lived during 1926-1994. A Tamil Muslim by birth, Haji Mastan was fluent with Tamil and was managing with smattering of Hindi.

Mastan settled down in Mumbai (Erstwhile Bombay), who was known more for his smuggling, finance assistance for films and real estate activities. Born and brought up in a poor family, Haji Mastan dreamt of making it big in order to lead a luxurious life.

He later developed some real contacts at the national and international circuits stepping into the smuggling avenue and later carved a larger than life image to his own. Mastan had close intimacy, both professionally and personally with Varadharajan Mudaliyar as both hailed from Tamil Nadu and had a strong Tamil connect.

The description attached to Haji Mastan makes one feel that none other than Superstar Rajinikanth could reprise his role on screen. Haji Mastan was said to be clad with white clothing sporting white shoes, flaunting his Mercedes Benz and smoking expensive cigarettes thereby making him a style icon altogether.

Rajini was uber stylish in Kabali with an imaginary character, and now, reprising a person on screen who happened to be stylish by himself, it should be effortless and a piece of cakewalk for the Rajini-Ranjith combo.

Rajinikanth who is said to have completed the shooting Robo 2.O is free for now, and the shooting for his 161st movie would go on floors by May.

It is also believed that Rajinikanth would be seen in a double avatar and Khusboo, the Annamalai actress, has been roped in for an important character in the movie

As a quick anecdote, if all goes well and Ranjith has penned the script around Haji Mastan’s character, then, it closes the loop of the powerful characters of two off-screen friends being portrayed by two on-screen friends

Kamal Haasan had played Varadharajan Mudaliyar in his 1987 blockbuster, Nayagan and now, Superstar Rajinikanth to play Haji Mastan in 2017

Wish Mastan Bhai attains the same success as Velu Nayakar

http://www.filmibeat.com/tamil/news/2017/rajinikanth-to-play-haji-mastan-in-his-161st-film-257716.html

CONFIRMED! Deepika Padukone Not In Rajinikanth-Pa. Ranjith Team’s Next!

A lot of speculations were doing the rounds regarding the role of the leading lady in Rajinikanth's next venture with Pa. Ranjith. Recently, rumours had surfaced that Deepika Padukone has been roped in to play the leading lady in this film.
This news came as a pleasant surprise to all Tamil film lovers. But now, it seems like we have to wait a bit more to see Deepika Padukone in Kollywood again

Khushbu in Rajini - Ranjith film
Powered by
Pa. Ranjith, the director of the upcoming Rajinikanth starrer confirmed that Deepika Padukone is not a part of this project. It was in a recent Twitter conversation that he gave a confirmation regarding the same.
When a user asked whether the news regarding Deepika Padukone's presence in the film is true, the film-maker replied that it is not true

http://www.filmibeat.com/tamil/news/2017/deepika-padukone-not-in-rajinikanth-pa-ranjith-team-s-next-256820.html

Another 'NERUPPU DA' from superstar RAJINIKANTH

Actor Vikram Prabhu and Nikki Galrani have played the lead roles in 'Neruppu Da' directed by debutant B.Ashok Kumar. The title of the film has been inspired from the first line of the super hit theme song of Superstar Rajinikanth's blockbuster 'Kabali'.

Now the makers have confirmed that the first look poster of 'Neruppu Da' will be released by none other than the Superstar Rajinikanth on Monday (April 10).
Sean Roldan has rendered the music score for 'Neruppu Da' produced by First Artist Chandra Arts banner

http://m.indiaglitz.com/superstar-rajinikanth-to-release-the-first-look-poster-of-vikram-prabhu-nikki-galrani-neruppu-da-film-tamil-news-183042.html

AM honored to do a film with Sachin tendulkar " A R Rahman

As ‘Kaatru Veliyidai’ has released to full houses all over we got the one and only A.R. Rahman, who gave us a wee bit of time for an audio interview before hurrying for an international flight. The Mozart of Madras has shared many details about his upcoming films, Mani Ratnam, directorial debut and a few jokes. Here is the transcript.

What are your feelings tonight before ‘Kaatru Veliyidai’ release and years back on the eve of ‘Roja’ release?

“(Laughs) always tired before a film releases but having the satisfaction that I have done my job well I hope for the film to do well.”

Any particular quality of your mentor Mani Ratnam you follow?
“In the industry treat you with respect when a couple of films become a hit and those same people will deride you when you give flops (I am talking about my initial ten years). But Mani sir always treated me the same and for what person I am and it is the same for a cameraman or editor or other technician.”

He is the one who has let you experiment right?

When we see an artiste for the first time we get the impression that he will reinvent himself and as for Mani Ratnam his visuals, storytelling etc will be so new that even I am forced to give my best for him to match up.”

In ‘OK Kanmani’ Mani Ratnam has given such a youthful story that challenges younger filmmakers…
“Usually when scoring music for the film my concentration is on how to give my best work and I didn’t notice it at that time. But now after watching the Hindi version of ‘Ok Kanmani’, I noticed what a splendid screenplay, it was and I called Mani sir and told him that.”

You are debuting as a director…

“Oh, but that is not for a feature film. I recently found Virtual Reality very interesting and know that there are a lot of possibilities in music in that arena. After putting in a lot of research I am doing this VR film called ‘Le Mask’. We have finished shooting and are currently editing and all I can say now is that it will be a different experience as there will be a combination of effects like a chair moving and also scent. (Laughs) after watching VR I now find 2D films boring.”

Now that technology is so advanced how does it affect music?

“Its got nothing to do with technology, but nowadays I am experimenting more, people used to ask me why I didn’t use flute but now I started using them.”

Current generation music is highly western influenced…What do you think the future will be?

“Mani Ratnam sir wanted to do ‘Ponniyin Selvan’ and if that had happened I would have gone back to the old classical style of music. But that didn’t happen. I did a Chinese film using old instruments and live instruments because there is more scope there while the budget for Tamil films is very less. Shankar’s ‘2.0’ is the highest budget film and I feel the movie should demand what kind of music it needs

Your journey with Sachin for his biopic…

“(Laughs) I don’t even know how to hold a bat but am honored to do the film in which many unknown aspects of his life are revealed and is one of the most inspiring movies I ever did. I have done three songs for the film and have still not got the feedback from the cricketing legend.”

Has anyone approached you to play a role in a film?

“No and am not interested as my mindset is different. Appearing onscreen for myself like ‘Vande Matharam’ album is a different story. Furthermore, as Iam getting on in age, I don’t have the patience to sit before a camera and that is why I refuse anybody who approaches me

About ‘Kaatru Veliyidai’…

“Mani sir has shown the life of an air force officer, which has never been told before and I am fascinated when listening to my songs played with the magnificent atmosphere created in the film.
Your favorite Mani Ratnam film and the ones you hate…
“My favorites are ‘Iruvar’, ‘Roja’ and just about all his movies and only ‘Kadal’ I found very depressing, but Mani sir immerses himself into every film to make it fascinating like how he has done in ‘Kaatru Veliyidai’

Which film yours is releasing next?

“I think ‘2.0’ will release this year and I have given four to five songs for the movie

http://m.indiaglitz.com/ar-rahman-interview-tamil-news-183015.html

I REQUESTED RAJAMOULI TO DO A FILM FOR ILAYATHALAPATHY

Kalaipuli S Thanu was one of the chief guests for the Baahubali 2 audio launch, which is happening currently at YMCA grounds.

In his speech, the Theri producer gave an interesting information that many of us might not have across. He said, "I requested S.S.Rajamouli to do a film for Ilayathalapathy Vijay in 2004. But since he had commitments at that time, Rajamouli said, he will finish all those and do a film with Vijay. I hope the film is made soon."

Wouldn't it be exciting to see Vijay under S.S.Rajamouli's direction?

http://m.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-16/thanu-requested-rajamouli-to-do-a-film-for-ilayathalapathy-vijay.html

MANI RATNAM'S INSPIRATION FOR KAATRU VELIYIDAI!

Mani Ratnam's Kaatru Veliyidai, which released a couple of days ago, stars Karthi and Aditi Rao Hydari in the lead roles. The film which is based on love and also touches upon war, had a lot of watchers pondering on how a few scenes such as Karthi's escape from Pakistan could practically be possible. With respect to this, the official team of Kaatru Veliyidai, has posted through their social media handle saying that the story is not a complete perception but is based on a true event that took place in 1971. Here is what the post by the team had:

"On 10th Dec 1971, Flight Lieutenant Dilip Parulkar was shot down over Pakistan. He quickly turned that catastrophe into the greatest adventure of his life. On 13 August 1972 Parulkar, along with Malvinder Singh Grewal and Harish Sinhji escaped from a POW camp in Rawalpindi. Faith Jonhston's 'Four Miles To Freedom' captures their story.

Kaatru Veliyidai/ Cheliyaa retraces their path and converts the adventure into a grand cinematic experience when Officer VC and his two friends escape from the clutches of Pakistan army

http://m.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-16/mani-ratnams-kaatru-veliyidai-inspired-by-a-true-event.html

ARVIND SWAMY TEAMS UP WITH ROBO SHANKAR

The Malayalam superhit movie ‘Baskar the Rascal’ is being remade in Tamil as ‘Bhaskar Oru Rascal’ directed by Siddique who helmed the original.
The Malayalam superhit movie ‘Baskar the Rascal’ is being remade in Tamil as ‘Bhaskar Oru Rascal’ directed by Siddique who helmed the original. The film has Arvind Swamy and Amala Paul reprising the roles of Mammoottry and Nayanthara with Baby Nainikka of ‘Theri’ fame in an important role.
Robo Shankar the fast rising comedian of Tamil cinema has joined the cast of ‘Baskar Oru Rascal’ for which the shooting is in progress in Cochin and other locales in Kerala

http://m.indiaglitz.com/robo-shankar-with-arvind-swamy-amala-paul-bhaskar-oru-rascal-tamil-news-183165.html

MAHESH BABU'S STRAIGHT TAMIL FILM FIRST LOOK RELEASE DATE

Mahesh Babu the Prince of Tollywood’s first straight Tamil movie is directed by A. R. Murugadoss, the shooting for which is in his last leg. The much awaited first look of the film will be unveiled on the 12th of April at 5pm.
‘Mahesh 23’ has Rakul Preeth Singh as Mahesh Babu’s pair while Bharath, S. J. Surya and Nadiya play important roles. Music is by Harris Jayaraj and the film is expected to release by the end of summer this year

http://m.indiaglitz.com/mahesh-babu-rakul-preeth-singh-new-movie-directed-by-a-r-murugadoss-first-look-april-12-tamil-news-183151.html

KAVAN' AND 'DORA' - STATE WIDE PERFORMANCE IN 10 DAYS

Director K.V.Anand's 'Kavan' which was a balanced take on media's positives and the hidden negative side has turned out to be a people favourite and this reflects in the film's phenomenal collection numbers.
The film released on March 31 and at the end of ten days the film has garnered a whopping Rs.21 crores as collections from theatres across Tamil Nadu. This includes Chennai's share of rs.2.79 crore, Chengalpet contributes Rs.6 crores and Coimbatore has fetched Rs.3.3 crores.
Trade sources claim that this is the highest grosser for a Vijay Sethupathi starrer.
Meanwhile, another big release Nayanthara starer 'Dora' which released on the same day with 'Kavan', has collected Rs.9 crores in ten days of its theatrical run. From Chennai screens the film has garnered Rs.1.35 crores while in theatres across Chengalpet and Coimbatore' the Doss Ramasamy directorial venture has collected Rs.2.8 crores and Rs.1.55 crores respectively. 'Adults Only' certificate from the Censor board seems to have caused bitter for the film's prospects. The predominant feeling of people and reviewers is that the film does not deserve an A rating

http://m.indiaglitz.com/kavan-collects-rs-21-crores-in-ten-days-highest-grosser-for-vijay-sethupathi-tamil-news-183149.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock