Seeking Help Tata Binge+ or Airtel Xstream 4 (android 12)

prasad7721

Reaction score
Considering shifting from Local cable to DTH ,so had few queries
which one is better Overall, Tata Binge+ or Airtel Xstream 4 (android 12) ?
is Airtel Xstream 4 (android 12) readily available ?
is there any new version of Tata binge+ STB Launching soon ?? @SarfaRaZ sir
@Vadirocks sir

please Help

Tata play is way better than airtel. Customer care is very fast and understanding. They follow Customer first policy. Airtel only look for money every time. Tata play hardly call you for recharge and stuffs but airtel gives you headaches if you don't have balance in your account in any of airtel services. If you want some channels only for few days you can't do that in airtel, they charge for whole month for any new channel addiction but in tata play charges are deducted per day basis. You can pause and resume the tata play service any time anywhere quickly by using app without any additional cost. There is no limit of pause duration and can be resume manually before the resume date where as in airtel they changed you 1rs per day for pausing the service and there is limitations of duration and restrictions that you can pause for 1,2 or 3 months and if you want to resume the service before time even they will charge for whole month and so. You can record the program in airtel through your pendrive but for it they will also charge you extra monthly, But in tata play binge + pen drive is not needed, record programs will be stored in their server but to see you need internet. But there is no charge for basic plan. And there are much more extra features in tata play like you can play channels through internet if satellite signal is week due to cloudy weather. Etc.
Recently my brother upgraded his stb from hd to hd+ and he work in forest department (jharkhand) and his quarter is in very forestry area even though tata play send this hd+ box to his location from another city (around 50-60km away) and a installation guy visit just to upgrade that one box. So you can assume the commitment level of this company towards customers.

Last edited:
Tata play is way better than airtel. Customer care is very fast and understanding. They follow Customer first policy. Airtel only look for money every time. If you want some channels only for few days you can't do that in airtel, they charge for whole month for any new channel addiction but in tata play charges are deducted per day basis. You can pause and resume the tata play service any time anywhere quickly by using app without any additional cost. There is no limit of pause duration and can be resume manually before the resume date where as in airtel they changed you 1rs per day for pausing the service and there is limitations of duration and restrictions that you can pause for 1,2 or 3 months and if you want to resume the service before time even they will charge for whole month and so. You can record the program in airtel through your pendrive but for it they will also charge you extra monthly, But in tata play binge + pen drive is not needed, record programs will be stored in their server but to see you need internet. But there is no charge for basic plan. And there are much more extra features in tata play like you can play channels through internet if satellite signal is week due to cloudy weather. Etc.
Recently my brother upgraded his stb from hd to hd+ and he work in forest department (jharkhand) and his quarter is in very forestry area even though tata play send this hd+ box to his location from another city (around 50-60km away) and a installation guy visit just to upgrade that one box. So you can assume the commitment of this company.
Thanks for sharing detailed review and experience ...really appreciate it...
getting Tata Binge+ 4k STB in dhamaka offer with 6000 cashback... searching for any discount is possible on that offer

how is your experience with Xstream ??
I enjoyed it initially when I bought it. Then with every update, they removed one functionality one by one. Be it usb pendrive access, 30 day lock in, patchy app, and now extinct sunday offers which were useless.
I enjoy watching english movies and english entertainment channels but since I have netflix, yt premium, jio cinema, I don't feel like paying some 100 rupees. In hindsight, I should have paid 6000 and bought binge instead of xstream which costed 4000.
So should you buy it?
If you watch limited channels and if there are included in broadcaster packs, then go ahead. But if you would like broad spectrum of channels and from sports to entertainment to special services then go ahead with Tata Binge.

Tata play is way better than airtel. Customer care is very fast and understanding. They follow Customer first policy. Airtel only look for money every time. Tata play hardly call you for recharge and stuffs but airtel gives you headaches if you don't have balance in your account in any of airtel services. If you want some channels only for few days you can't do that in airtel, they charge for whole month for any new channel addiction but in tata play charges are deducted per day basis. You can pause and resume the tata play service any time anywhere quickly by using app without any additional cost. There is no limit of pause duration and can be resume manually before the resume date where as in airtel they changed you 1rs per day for pausing the service and there is limitations of duration and restrictions that you can pause for 1,2 or 3 months and if you want to resume the service before time even they will charge for whole month and so. You can record the program in airtel through your pendrive but for it they will also charge you extra monthly, But in tata play binge + pen drive is not needed, record programs will be stored in their server but to see you need internet. But there is no charge for basic plan. And there are much more extra features in tata play like you can play channels through internet if satellite signal is week due to cloudy weather. Etc.
Recently my brother upgraded his stb from hd to hd+ and he work in forest department (jharkhand) and his quarter is in very forestry area even though tata play send this hd+ box to his location from another city (around 50-60km away) and a installation guy visit just to upgrade that one box. So you can assume the commitment level of this company towards customers.
Agreed. Airtel will call its deactivated subscribers stating that they are coming to take back their boxes if they didn't recharged their account.

Tata had bunch of channels, offers and quickly launching channels on their platform.
Airtel had less number of channels and rarely good offers and slow in adding new channels.

Price wise both are same.
Tata had pixelation issue (as per members raised issue)
Airtel had no problem in PQ & AQ. Top quality Audio in Airtel.

Rest is your decision buddy.
Both are Android boxes : So obviously updates coming in both boxes.
What was the audio quality in tata play binge

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock