Tata Group in talks to acquire Bharti Airtel's DTH business

• Thread starter Pintu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 117
  • Views: Views 21,045
airtel dth is not in a position to show this gesture..

See its simple. If u have been following the recent news

1. Sky wants more stake in TS.
2. Tata sells its consumer mobile business to Airtel
3. Tata plans to merge its broadband/fixed line with TS
4. Tata in talks to acquire Airtel DTH.

Note: sky has DTH and broadband in Europe

It can be a reciprocate deal. The new TS will get sky more stake.

Last edited:
Good. Now at least that red logo of airtel will be gone from the channels. This seems to be preparation for jio dth/iptv launch. They have lost with jio in mobile (both losers merged their businesses), now they are merging before jio begins the competition. I am sure jio will come up with some amazing bundled offers and they are afraid of mass switchover.

Pls dont get confused with the heading of the news article.

i quote " The two companies are also exploring other options like merging Airtel DTH business with Tata Sky.

The above means to acquire. Its means that one company will merge into the other. So in other words it means that TS will acquire ADTV if u go by the news article.

Pls dont get confused with the heading of the news article.

i quote " The two companies are also exploring other options like merging Airtel DTH business with Tata Sky.

The above means to acquire. Its means that one company will merge into the other. So in other words it means that TS will acquire ADTV if u go by the news article.
Watch the video. @ 20 seconds the reporter says both options are looked at.
Then she lists both options. Acquisition (preferred option), merger is second option.

Watch the video. @ 20 seconds the reporter says both options are looked at.
Then she lists both options. Acquisition (preferred option), merger is second option.

i know. But as u said earlier, acquisition will be preferred and will be done.

Why ???

Sky wants larger stake in TS, also we have seen that Tata plans to merge its broadband services into TS.
Sky runs both DTH and Broadband in Europe and they would like the same here as well
So Tata Sky brand would continue as Tata will mostly acquire ADTV

i know. But as u said earlier, acquisition will be preferred and will be done.

Why ???

Sky wants larger stake in TS, also we have seen that Tata plans to merge its broadband services into TS.
Sky runs both DTH and Broadband in Europe and they would like the same here as well
So Tata Sky brand would continue as Tata will mostly acquire ADTV
No the reporter said that acquisition is the preferred option for Tata group. Not my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock