Tata Sky HD+ resetting

me_saket said:
for 3 hd pvr

u need 6 cables
plus 1 cable for sd box

do u use splitter? with quad ouput lnb?
or 2X8 demux?

best thing would be install 2 dishes at companies cost and don't pay them even rs1

As I said earlier I've got two dishes. One dish uses a splitter for 2 HD PVRs, while the second dish has the HD PVR and the SD box.

I've contacted my local area manager regarding this issue and he is yet to get back on what action he is going to take. Warning these people that I would switch to another DTH doesn't seem to be helping my case.

after keeping stb for more than 2 hrs in standby mode
when I press power on remote it got reset and even shows starting scree stb is starting

Last night I was struck by a bolt of lightning and it occurred to me that the issue must be because of the power saving mode, so I disabled it on two boxes and let the third box run with it enabled.

The boxes with the power saver options disabled don't reset now. The tech visited me just a few minutes before and suggested the same. If one of you can verify the same maybe we can close the thread.

With regard to the automatic recording, the tech said that it is not advisable to pass the message but here I am doing it. (He was unsure about his answer, so please don't blame me if I am wrong).

He said that there is an issue of software compatibility with the old satellite and hence tata sky too is unable to provide the customers with an exact solution. A lot of customers in my area of chennai have raised complaints regarding this and also the issue of the box hanging, which have been reported to Tatasky and we should see a solution for the same in the near future.

Does this mean compatibility with mpeg4 migration? I think whatever Tech said has to do with mpeg4 migration. If this is true then it means issues started with mpeg4 migration for most of the users.

sreevajhala said:
Last night I was struck by a bolt of lightning and it occurred to me that the issue must be because of the power saving mode, so I disabled it on two boxes and let the third box run with it enabled.

I'm facing the same issue. I will check it by disabling the power saving mode.

It's been three days since I disabled the power saver and it seems to have solved the issue of auto resetting.

And I think it is safe to assume that the software - satellite compatibility means Se issue cropping up because of the migration process only.

Thread may be merged with other similar threads relating to disk power saver issues.

I too have a strange problem.

I have only a single HD recorder box. I have an issue that when I try to switch on box after it is stand by mode for few hours, it doesn't switch on right away. From small red light in box , it usually changes to green. But now it becomes blank for few seconds and then it becomes red again. When I try again, same thing happens. And after next try, red becomes green and box switches on finally.

Not sure why the issue is happening. Anyone else facing this?

Dinakaran Sankaranarayan said:
I too have a strange problem.

I have only a single HD recorder box. I have an issue that when I try to switch on box after it is stand by mode for few hours, it doesn't switch on right away. From small red light in box , it usually changes to green. But now it becomes blank for few seconds and then it becomes red again. When I try again, same thing happens. And after next try, red becomes green and box switches on finally.

Not sure why the issue is happening. Anyone else facing this?

Its the same problem I faced. Looks like disabling the power saving mode is resolving the issue. Has not faced the issue for last 12 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock