DTH updates Tata Sky overtakes Dish TV to become top DTH operator in Apr-Jun quarter

SarfaRaZ

Tata Play Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
For the quarter ended 30th June, Tata Sky’s market share jumped to 32% in terms of average active subscriber base while Dish TV’s share shrank to 31%. In the January-March 2019 quarter, the market share of Tata Sky and Dish TV stood at 25% and 40% respectively.

Percentage-Market-share-of-DTH-Operators-in-term-of-average-active-subscriber-base-during-the-QE-June-2019.jpg

This means that Tata Sky’s market share witnessed a 7% jump while that of Dish TV declined by 9%. Airtel Digital TV and Sun Direct also witnessed an increase in active subscriber base to 23% and 14% respectively.

Tata Sky overtakes Dish TV to become top DTH operator in Apr-Jun quarter - TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI

I find this methodology quite inaccurate, on the particular days when data is recorded any operator or channel can be ahead of others. It would be better if average is calculated for all the days in each of the respective months and figures shared in public. Just randomly selecting 4 days leaves potential of manipulation.

I think after merging D2H, Dish TV lost many subscribers. Also the Trai's rule made subscription rates equal, thus people started preferring better service.
Their consumers were facing inconvenience on lock-in-period issue.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock