tata sky recoder old box support hevc codec?

zulfiali86

Reaction score
Hi
i have tata sky dvr old 500gb harddisk box my question is that this box support new codec hevc codec?

No, it doesn't.

Tell Me your Model Name?? & purchess Year..
May Be that one supports..
If you don't know about something, better not to comment.

No TS HD DVR model supports HEVC codec. All are manufactured by Pace.

SD DVR which was discontinued long ago (2012 i guess) was made by Humax.

I have used them all and none have HEVC support. HEVC technology came much later.

HEVC & MPEG4 are compression technology.. which allows you to Save Space and Bandwidth.. as Result of Minimal quality loss.. Currenty HEVC use 1/3 rd bandwith Compere to MPEG4..
In Other term I have one MP4 File contains MPEG4 used 1,500 MB but HEVC file use 500MB only...

I have used them all and none have HEVC support. HEVC technology came much later.
No.. DVR renamed as Transfer STB now As Tata Sky + .. in My Shop I used all DTH StB

Currently now few days Ago I own Tata Sky service franchise.. @katni MP.. Sorry for English..
I have list of HEVC supported Box By Tata sky

Currently now few days Ago I own Tata Sky service franchise.. @katni MP.. Sorry for English..
That's the reason I joined this group to get updated

Converting all Channels format from MPEG-4 to HEVC needs lots of money and existing MPEG-4 STBs should be replaced freely otherwise Customers may shift the operator.

Not only Tatasky, for all other DTHs completely shifting to HEVC technology will incur huge loose.
Few already have capabilities.. The development of DVB-S2 coincided with the introduction of HDTV and H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC) H.265 (HEVC) video codecs.
Conversation is Costly but cost sevar also.. they will save lots of Bandwith on Gsat

when will tata sky shift on hevc codec?
Converting all Channels format from MPEG-4 to HEVC needs lots of money and existing MPEG-4 STBs should be replaced freely otherwise Customers may shift the operator.

Not only Tatasky, for all other DTHs completely shifting to HEVC technology will incur huge loss.

Last edited:
HEVC & MPEG4 are compression technology.. which allows you to Save Space and Bandwidth.. as Result of Minimal quality loss.. Currenty HEVC use 1/3 rd bandwith Compere to MPEG4..
In Other term I have one MP4 File contains MPEG4 used 1,500 MB but HEVC file use 500MB only...
Did you see anyone here in this thread asking what is HEVC & MPEG4 compression tech.?

Anyways, why you keep taking thread for off-topics and is it to claim yourself as a genius? Last time for the very same reason you were kicked out of TS Android STB development thread and even worser, got banned too.
No.. DVR renamed as Transfer STB now As Tata Sky + .. in My Shop I used all DTH StB
Wah. I actually laughed seeing this post.

Tata Sky was never terming their recorders as DVR. It is just we term those like that for better understanding. They kept name as Tata Sky+ HD, later named as Tata Sky+ Transfer HD which had mobile transfer feature, after they realised it didn't got much popularity, they disabled the feature through software update and renamed Transfer box as + HD again.

Before that i have used Tata Sky+ too, during 2009 diwali it was launched, it costed 8k (Rs. 8,000). That was SD DVR.

DVR full form is Digital Video Recorder.

You may have list of all STBs but its been so long, to be more precise Tata Sky last updated their Recorder box in August 2015, so it can't be HEVC compatible.

Take time, read this post, realise your mistakes and get your facts right and last but not the least, do not reply repeatedly at same timeframe, edit your existing post instead of making one liner replies repeatedly. It looks more like spam.

Edit: Merged all your posts into one.

i have dvr manufactured by pace

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock