Tata(sky will move to new satellite soon.

• Thread starter Thread starter sayan.sunny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 187
  • Views Views: Views 23,853
but chance are less for shifting of DD FD to gsat 10 but for increase space they are going to convert 2 tp to mpeg 4 dvbs2 so more channel can be added in that 2 tps
and gsat 15 is going to be launch in 2014 end or 2015 beginning and it has 24 ku tp for 93.5 deg
so with the launch of gsat 15 if all thing goes according to schedule then DD FS can add more channel in future from gsat 15

Re: RE: Tata(sky will move to new satellite soon.

deepums said:
I doubt whether FD will move to GSAT 10 as GSAT 15 with 24 ku band transponders will be launched in another 1 year at 93.5E.

Assuming DD moves all their C band channels to GSAT 10. Then ISRO might switch off C band Frequencies on Insat 4B and activate 1 or 2 Ku band TP's for FD on the same satellite
The new sat is 1year away..if so it will be delay in adding more channels..I think they will add soon...
Even they switch of C band still Insat is not much life left..but can't say exactly..

Sent from Tapatalk HD

Sarkar said:
Plan is to provide 120 chs right now to FD. Is it possible to provide all 120(60 MP2 + 60 MP4) chs in INSAT 4B using Ku band ?

As of now, out of 12 Ku TP's, only 6 is active. Everybody will be happy if they increase from 59 to 97. 120 is distant dream as of now

deepums said:
As of now, out of 12 Ku TP's, only 6 is active. Everybody will be happy if they increase from 59 to 97. 120 is distant dream as of now

No everybody because out of those chs, 50 chs will be for educational purpose ;)

Re: RE: Tata(sky will move to new satellite soon.

anilsk01 said:
i think current plan are their to increase dd fd to 97 from 59

For this too they need space.. I think they will not reduce the MPEG2 channel counts..if they convert 2tp then existing channels on that tp will not be available for MPEG2 STB users..

Sent from Tapatalk HD

Sarkar said:
No everybody because out of those chs, 50 chs will be for educational purpose ;)

I really doubt whether Govt will come up with 50 educational channels. At max they will launch 5-10 channels

Mr.Kumarbhai said:
For this too they need space.. I think they will not reduce the MPEG2 channel counts..if they convert 2tp then existing channels on that tp will not be available for MPEG2 STB users..

Sent from Tapatalk HD

Yes, FD will not make any changes to the existing TP's

Isro will launch GSAT-15 satellite in the current financial year and GSAT-16 by mid-2015, the government said on Wednesday. In a written response to a question in Lok Sabha, minister of state for department of space Jitendra Singh said GSAT-15, expected to be launched in 2014-15, will carry 24 Ku-bad transponders and a GAGAN (GPS Allied geo Augmented Navigation) payload. It will be the replacement for Ku-band capacity of INSAT-3A and INSAT-4B to augment the capacity of existing DTH and VSAT services in the country. This will also benefit the civil aviation services in the country, Singh said.

3 tp will remain in mpeq 2 which will contain all the dd channels

but the other 2 tp will be converted to mpeg 4
All newly added channels will be on MPEG-4

for this process tender process is almost complete and work has started for mpeg 4 conversion of two tp

Back
Top Bottom