TataSky's Satelllite Migration News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter SanRam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,243
  • Views Views: Views 158,379
No, new software will be available from new satellite only, technicians will move the dishes towards new sat and software will be downloaded and upgraded automatically.

Yes you said right @Sunny bro...after Re-direction of this technician will update New Software if its required for New sat migration :k

Three days left
Athiram bro no news new satellite ???
New satellite launching date.....

sayan.sunny said:
No, new software will be available from new satellite only, technicians will move the dishes towards new sat and software will be downloaded and upgraded automatically.
yeah, correct.

sayan.sunny said:

Gssran said:
yeah, correct.

But I have a different opinion.

Once realigned, to download the software, first of all it needs to download from some TP. If the new TPs are not added before migration, then it can't download the new software.

Also, software download will not be triggered immediately after the dish alignment to add the channels from the new satellite. So, if it is the case, customers will see a blank screen in all the channels.

Also, without adding TP details of new satellite prior to migration, it is hard for the technician to align the dish properly with good signals.

Moreover, when Airtel moved to SES8, I remember they added the new TPs in teh STB before migration and started adding the new channels from the new satellite. Though new channels weer added into new satellite, they added the LCN and EPG in the set top box so that the channels started working immediately after migration.

Tatasky already added a 13th tp in its network months b4.I think this is the home tp of the new satellite.When the repointing of dish completes it starts receving signals from new satellite.Usually sw are uploaded in home tps.so its easy for the stb to dowload sw from this home tp which is already there .From this sw all the rest tps ,epg everything get added &the channels start working

My Local Dealer Says "We Have Received Intimation From Tata Sky For Satellite Migration And Customer Has To Pay Rs.75 But We Don't Have Exact Date Of Satellite Migration May Be Two Weeks"

Re: RE: TataSky's Satelllite Migration News & Updates

Vadirocks said:
My Local Dealer Says "We Have Received Intimation From Tata Sky For Satellite Migration And Customer Has To Pay Rs.75 But We Don't Have Exact Date Of Satellite Migration May Be Two Weeks"
75 Rs. for what :huh

Back
Top Bottom