TN Digitization - General Discussions [SCV Says Allocated Thousand Crore for STB, Challenges other MSO. - Will SCV take back Chennai?]

P3 pack for scv digital subscribers is a dream pack. I came back to digital after 1 year because of this pack. You get almost all the channels. But i came to know it is only for election season, do somebody got any info about that. What after elections, because i am planning to cut my digital tv and bring in scv.

scv will be there if dmk comes to power,also there is a licence issue from central govt...still das has not implemented in many parts of tn,scv can be survive...

But what about p3 pack whether it will stay? Any ideas to escape exploitation from lco?

Now with election season gone, any word on DAS or everything as usual for Chennai?

Analogue is definitely a pain as with no guarantee on STB service we have no choice but to watch the fewer list of channels given by the MSO.

profsathya said:
Free set top box by arasu may take a while it seems, as they have to get the license from the centre's I&B ministry. But there is no information on expansion of arasu in chennai.
Free set-top box proposal may take a while - The Hindu

Arasu can't able to sell / distribute it's STB until it gets DAS license.
So i hope, same situation will continue for next 5 yrs.. Forget DAS in entire TN and Chennai.

profsathya said:
Free set top box by arasu may take a while it seems, as they have to get the license from the centre's I&B ministry. But there is no information on expansion of arasu in chennai.
Free set-top box proposal may take a while - The Hindu

Yes, exactly. There was never any information on Expansion of Arasu in Chennai. So this free STB may be applicable only for places outside Chennai.

Dont know why Arasu treats Chennai people as not part of the rest of TN.

So even if they get DAS license we dont know if they actually would serve Chennai.

sathishbabu4u said:
Arasu can't able to sell / distribute it's STB until it gets DAS license.
So i hope, same situation will continue for next 5 yrs.. Forget DAS in entire TN and Chennai.

Yes, you are right. Same situation might continue for the next 5 yrs Arasu doesn't seem to be serious about serving Chennai so even if they get DAS license it may not be any use to Chennai people.

Seems Chennai people just have two options to watch Pay channels,

1: Purchase an STB from the LCO with no guarantee that it will be useful in the future or if he will stay with that MSO.
2: Move to a DTH and pay atleast twice the amount every month with a guarantee of Service.

HOUSE-MD said:
Yes, you are right. Same situation might continue for the next 5 yrs Arasu doesn't seem to be serious about serving Chennai so even if they get DAS license it may not be any use to Chennai people.

Seems Chennai people just have two options to watch Pay channels,

1: Purchase an STB from the LCO with no guarantee that it will be useful in the future or if he will stay with that MSO. now it very much guarantee, same LCO / MSO will continue for next 5 yrs.
2: Move to a DTH and pay atleast twice the amount every month with a guarantee of Service. you will get better service / picture quality from them

Very difficult Arasu to get DAS. If it gets , surely it will start service in chennai.

sathishbabu4u said:
Very difficult Arasu to get DAS. If it gets , surely it will start service in chennai.

Already waited for Arasu for 5+ yrs and now no-longer having any interest as my LCO said he wont change MSO no matter what.... once i finalise my residence i would mostly go with an STB from the local MSO itself as it now seems worth investing in an STB than waiting with a dream forever.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock