• Views: Views 205,811

Are you happy with TRAI's amendments to the Tariff Order

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There press conference would be to stick with all prices and to defy trai NTO 2020

Reactions: KGF
@Maveric If you think TRAI has set 130 as min NCF thn its your mistake. Trai don't care even if you fix 0 NCF. TRAI gave NCF ceiling rate to avoid loot in remote areas...
Theoretically you are right,
Practically most of DTH subscribers are paying maximum NCF_by bundling Free to Air Channels + lots of intrusive marketing channels.

With the new amendments, no one is stopping them to keep prices of premium channels at higher level. There is no cap. Problem is that they want to bundle useless and non popular channels through bouquet thereby limiting the choice and enticing consumers to go for a bouquet.
this is the actual reason why broadcasters accepted NTO 2017, but aren't accepting NTO 2020.
nobody's forcing broadcasters to price their channels under rs.12/-

now I think in the meeting of the 4 broadcasters on 10th January, they might decide to price their rs.1-6 channels at rs.10-12 for greed, keeping their few GEC & Sports channels out of the bouquet.

Now that everything happens under light. Prices have gone up. Even if changes happen in March. We still aren't getting cheap prices we were getting 12 months back.

Can anyone tell me who were affected with shady under the table deals? Broadcasters, DPOs, Advertisers, Customers or Government? Other than TRAI chairman most people seems unhappy to me.
According to media report ₹24k is NCF collection now calculate GST of this amount.
This is the real benefit of this new regime. Forget about subscriber who never demeaned this mess.

Can anyone tell me who were affected with shady under the table deals? Broadcasters, DPOs, Advertisers, Customers or Government? Other than TRAI chairman most people seems unhappy to me.

According to estimates, GST loss from 25 – 30 percent of the consumers which roughly amounts to 10 crores consumers leads to a loss of around Rs 900 to Rs 1080 crores of tax revenue.

TRAI Tariff Order to help in better GST compliance | DreamDTH

Last edited:
Paid channels prices are increased. Why we pay 160₹ for FTA channels better to dd free dish. FTA channels earn by advertising they can pay satellites charge. I don't want see FTA channels. Enough price 200₹ for 20 channels

Any updates about Today's Press conference
Will it live telecast on News Channels

Any updates about Today's Press conference
Will it live telecast on News Channels
Broadcasters sent warning to the country that our cable bills will be more next if the new amendments were not withdrawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock