• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DPO s should make ncf to zero

p6XRrMc.jpg

You know what this new tariff regime feels like to me? I think we are back to the old tariff regime before NTO 1.0. Now broadcasters can increase a channel price as high as ₹1000 ( I know exaggeration 😂😂) if they feel like the premium content is worth the price. Before NTO 1.0 each sports channel was well over ₹50. The curated packs from the DPO's were the best deal.

If this new regime comes into effect curated packs will be the real competition.

You know what this new tariff regime feels like to me? I think we are back to the old tariff regime before NTO 1.0. Now broadcasters can increase a channel price as high as ₹1000 ( I know exaggeration 😂😂) if they feel like the premium content is worth the price. Before NTO 1.0 each sports channel was well over ₹50. The curated packs from the DPO's were the best deal.

If this new regime comes into effect curated packs will be the real competition.
No. Even in NTO 2019, a channel can be priced at 1000 rs.

Frequent fights between DPOs/DTHs for agreements to carry the channels was the sole reason that this all NTO drama has started. NCF is meant to keep those fights aside and generate constant revenue for DPOs/DTHs for the services they offer. The only bad thing is the channels pricing part, which NTO2 has tried to fix (Still way behind than ideal)

I don't think there's any tax on a cable operator if their turnover is less than 20 lakhs per year. It might be 40 lakhs now. I haven't kept up with this.
Every Local cable operator LCO has to register under GST. Even if the LCO is managing only one Cable TV connection, he is liable to get registered under GST and paid the GST @18% collected from end user ie customer. LCO is taxable under Section 24, Clause (vii) of CGST Act, 2017, Compulsory registration in certain cases. As per Section 24, Clause (vii) of CGST Act, 2017 persons who make taxable supply of goods or services or both on behalf of other taxable persons whether as an agent or otherwise.

Every Local cable operator LCO has to register under GST. Even if the LCO is managing only one Cable TV connection, he is liable to get registered under GST and paid the GST @18% collected from end user ie customer. LCO is taxable under Section 24, Clause (vii) of CGST Act, 2017, Compulsory registration in certain cases. As per Section 24, Clause (vii) of CGST Act, 2017 persons who make taxable supply of goods or services or both on behalf of other taxable persons whether as an agent or otherwise.
And they don't collect taxes for revenue under 20 lakhs per year. Registration is mandatory.

And they don't collect taxes for revenue under 20 lakhs per year. Registration is mandatory.
Once they are liable to registered they have to collect GST and pay it to government.

My main concern is will Tatasky reduce multitv charge after the new traiff regime is implemented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock