• Views: Views 206,104

Are you happy with TRAI's amendments to the Tariff Order

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had already said they probably won't release new rates.
Can they be taken to court over this?
This is Corporate Anarchy ,Shame for TRAI ,I wonder with whose support these broadcaster are defying probable insiders,Regulator must come back hard failing to do so RS Sharma shall Resign : )

I hv read on another website. Since new RIO is not brought, all incompatible bouquets will get invalid frm 1st march, so those channels in incompatible bouquet will be turned off. Thus, customers hv to chose alacarte if they want.

I hv read on another website. Since new RIO is not brought, all incompatible bouquets will get invalid frm 1st march, so those channels in incompatible bouquet will be turned off. Thus, customers hv to chose alacarte if they want.
Link please

Telco force to get Rs 45 for 28 days incoming, Trai silent broadcasters not agree to reduce price Trai still silent. Trai has closed their eyes

I don't think link sharing of rival website is allowed here.. @moderators am i right?

Yes not allowed. Even if allowed they aren't legit source. It's just like a normal discussion happening between you and me now. Not from any official. So better not share.

Coming to the feasibility of the option you said in the first quote above, the NTO 2.0 should be enforced by 1st March in first place. For that to happen the case has to be settled in the court. Neither TRAI nor broadcasters act against court. If court issues a stay or any interim order, TRAI can't implement it. If court gives verdict against TRAI, then also 2.0 can't be implemented. If court gives verdict in favor of TRAI, that would effectively mean broadcasters have to publish new rates. Which means 2.0 will be implemented but with new rates. So in any case 2.0 will not come into effect with current prices. So how can we expect, current bouquets to become incompatible. It's completely out of the scope.

they aren't legit source. It's just like a normal discussion happening between you and me
No, They have quoted TRAI secretary. I am reproducing as it is below... .--

【".....TRAI secretary SK Gupta said it was up to the broadcasters to decide how they wanted to market their channels.

“The flexibility has been given to the broadcasters to file a change [in their channel and bouquet prices],” Gupta said.

“If someone doesn’t file a change, the old tariff that they have filed [previously] will stand, subject to compliance with the amended regulation,” he said. However, he added, if any existing plan fails to meet compliance requirements under the new rules — such as the Rs 12 rule — such bouquets will not be allowed to be offered from March 1.

“Anything that is not in compliance with the regulatory framework [from March 1] will definitely not happen,” he said.

Gupta also pointed out that broadcasters need not file updated prices and composition for a channel pack if they have no intention of offering that bouquet from March 1....."】

Pls note last para. If court donot intervenes then old price will continue till new prices are launched..

Last edited:
No, They have quoted TRAI secretary. I am reproducing as it is below... .--

【".....TRAI secretary SK Gupta said it was up to the broadcasters to decide how they wanted to market their channels.

“The flexibility has been given to the broadcasters to file a change [in their channel and bouquet prices],” Gupta said.

“If someone doesn’t file a change, the old tariff that they have filed [previously] will stand, subject to compliance with the amended regulation,” he said. However, he added, if any existing plan fails to meet compliance requirements under the new rules — such as the Rs 12 rule — such bouquets will not be allowed to be offered from March 1.

“Anything that is not in compliance with the regulatory framework [from March 1] will definitely not happen,” he said.

Gupta also pointed out that broadcasters need not file updated prices and composition for a channel pack if they have no intention of offering that bouquet from March 1....."】

Pls note last para. If court donot intervenes then old price will continue till new prices are launched..
It means only DPO pack will work only or select on alacarte basis... No broadcasters package from March 1 if they do not get stay and not comply try.... Dual condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock