Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 233,412
But they can go for a review appeal. But i don,t think it will help for them. So they won,t go for it.
SC will not accept the review appeal if star do as the decision was taken more than 100 days time to decide the case.

As per the new tariff order by Trai, 100 free-to-air channels have to be offered at Rs 130 per month (excluding taxes) and rest a-la-carte.
Its a great deal for DTH Costumers but Cable TV user needs to pay more as they are currently paying Rs.150/m for all SD Channels.

Last edited:
Its a great deal for DTH Costumers but Cable TV user needs to pay more as they are currently paying Rs.150/m for all SD Channels.
If they are still willing to offer at that rate cable tv subscribers don,t need to suffer

As Per Above Article:
"The new tariff order by Trai mandates broadcasters to declare the MRP within 60 days and distribution platform operators to declare network capacity fee and distribution retail price (DRP) within 180 days.
"

It means it will take 6months more to implement new tariff order?? :wall:

Last edited:
As Per Above Article:
"The new tariff order by Trai mandates broadcasters to declare the MRP within 60 days and distribution platform operators to declare network capacity fee and distribution retail price (DRP) within 180 days.
"

It means it will take 6 months to implement new tariff?? :wall:
No its from July 3rd applicable to 31st December .. 180 days ..

As Per Above Article:
"

Almost all networks introduced there rates other than star network so it will get effected before dec31 2018

As Per Above Article:
"

No. TRAI already announced Tariff Order on 3-Jul-18, so effective date for consumers will be 30-Dec-18.

So currently I pay Rs 259 in Sun Direct with 32 HD Channels too. What will be my new tariff? Will it be cheaper or costlier? I think it depends upon the channels I choose. What say ?

So currently I pay Rs 259 in Sun Direct with 32 HD Channels too. What will be my new tariff? Will it be cheaper or costlier? I think it depends upon the channels I choose. What say ?
Surely yes

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock