Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 231,559
Thats becasue DTH technology is cost consuming, unlike cable were not much cost is incured.
Then how sun dth can offer channels at affordable rate? You.may.had different thoughts but i am sure that dths are looting customers especially tatasky.

Star is issuing starsports1 at rs 19 (20percent) discount for providers. But tatasky is asking rs 60 for ss1. Means they are eating almost rs43 profit for.a.single.channel. they are looting us

Thats becasue DTH technology is cost consuming, unlike cable were not much cost is incured.
This is only true if operator has very small number of customer. Cable guy has to lay cable and maintain signal amplifiers for each additional customer, but DTHs only have to invest in dish and STBs. So cost of DTHs is cheaper when consumers are large in number. In current market, price advantage is with DTH operators. In future it will again shift back to cable because of fiber and digital streaming services.

Star is issuing starsports1 at rs 19 (20percent) discount for providers. But tatasky is asking rs 60 for ss1. Means they are eating almost rs43 profit for.a.single.channel. they are looting us
Price will be ₹19 from 30th December & we don't Know the current MRP of channels so we can't say that operators are getting 40% or 50% profit. May be broadcaster is charging high from them for the channel.

Price will be ₹19 from 30th December & we don't Know the current MRP of channels so we can't say that operators are getting 40% or 50% profit. May be broadcaster is charging high from them for the channel.
No..

What will be it's effect on Digital Cable like Manthan Digital? Do we have 2 pay more for getting channels?

Thats again if u have good MSO. I used to Pay Rs 350, no HD channels, No new SD channels, no proper EPG
Which cable service provider you were using? Most of the cable operators charge less than DTH and they will offer all channels. People choose dth only for Customer Service, quality...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock