Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 232,802
I feel title of this thread should be 'bad news' TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court. As it is not going to benefit customers. Only going to benefit broadcasters majorly and operators as always. Not sure what is good in this for customers
Benfit mostly to Dth/Mso operators bcoz Rs. 130 base pack for FTA channels and 20% commission on each pay channel subscribed. They will earn morethan broadcasters.

Last edited:
Airtel DTH case was also taken up at same time as Tatasky Case and both are proceeding in parallel:
http://164.100.128.47/case/casedetail.php?ctype=W.P.(C)&rno=4091&ryr=2017
Airtel Case No : W.P.(C)-4091/2017
TataSky Case No : W.P.(C)-4135/2017
Now website updated with next date as predicted:
19-DEC-2018 Tatasky case is item number 24 and Airtel is item number 23 in Court room 1 of Delhi HC.
No details of proceedings are posted by Delhi HC website.
Another TRAI case related to this issue with cable operators postponed to next year in Delhi HC.

I just read on internet that LDPs of existing customers will be terminated & the remaining amount will be refunded & they'll be forced to opt for new packs from 29 Dec as TRAI's new rule doesn't exempt existing customers having LDPs.
Is it true?

I just read on internet that LDPs of existing customers will be terminated & the remaining amount will be refunded & they'll be forced to opt for new packs from 29 Dec as TRAI's new rule doesn't exempt existing customers having LDPs.
Is it true?
Yes

Good Promoting by Star .. Next may be Viacom 18 .

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock