Upgraded dm 800hd tuner

wind0zer

Reaction score
Dreambox 800HD cannot tune Dish TV's HD channels on 100.5E because of it doesn't support those high symbol rates. At the time of buying, one of the feature of the receiver was that it had a plugin tuner which could be upgraded. I never imagined I would need to "use" that feature until recently. Also thanks to valuable info on this thread from a member., and his comments and advice is backed up by his channel screenshots of Dish TV with dreambox menus. : )

I got the new tuner from ebay. The DM 800HD has an ALPS tuner model 401A and I replaced it with the 801A. The only hard part was removing the cover and back-plate, replacing the tuner card, and screwing everything back again; the easiest part was turning on the receiver! : ) OpenPli (image/software) started as usual and I went straight to tuning the channels on 100.5E - zero configuration needed (like drivers) for the new tuner. Thank goodness for that.

This is a pic that shows zero channels after scanning with stock tuner.
1A4fil.jpg

This is a pic showing scanning progress of Dish TV HD channels after tuner upgrade.
hLfK1l.jpg

Pic of the new tuner from alibaba website.
2TMLEl.jpg

Dreambox 800HD is indeed a nice one then.

BTW, congratz on getting to know more on the stb. DDF rocks :)

dear wind if like this tuner , u can upgraded ss loader, for example your dm sim is 201,then u can change sim 201 in 210, after sim change u can load latest images in dm with ss84 or ss86 loader

dhanda said:
dear wind if like this tuner , u can upgraded ss loader, for example your dm sim is 201,then u can change sim 201 in 210, after sim change u can load latest images in dm with ss84 or ss86 loader

Yes I have the latest ssl 84. i upgrade it whenever new one releases...although i'm not sure what it does.

good reveiw.... +5 rep from me.... :)

Important : always do keep in mind that the new FTA stb that u may purchase should gave the capability to support higher symbol rates...

My dream dth goal/experience isn't reached yet. The only thing that needs to be done is for me to get a new unpaired dish dth card.

Well, I can still find latest images for sim 2.01 with ssl84b loader. Modders are doing good job.

AlanDS said:
Well, I can still find latest images for sim 2.01 with ssl84b loader. Modders are doing good job.

my dear friends

the latest ssl is 84b and after it nothing is new ssl

then how you upgrade ssl86

now note my advise , first of all try to use the image which is suitable for you and your dreambox, by mistake if you uploade the image which is not suitable for your dreambox , it will kill your dreambox.

another thing change of tuner have no concern of images,

if you have old tuner which name is L TUNER 401 or New Tuner M Tuner
both you can use same images, Images have concern to sim.

Thanks

wind0zer said:
dhanda said:

Yes I have the latest ssl 84. i upgrade it whenever new one releases...although i'm not sure what it does.

Dear friend

donot change your image if you satisfy with your previous one, if you see new image and in this image detail anything new which you need then try to change, and if you satisfy with your old one then keep it the same one.

First i see new image and download, but after take experiences

Now i know that Images change have not do any thing.

which image you need you can use, but important thing your sim number

wrong image upload can kill your dreambox. so before send any image to your dreambox read all its detail.

If anything want to ask , post here I will reply

thanks

From what I understand:
Oozoon image contains bootloader(ssl) + enigam2 image in the .nfi file.
Openpli (my preferred) contains only enigma2.

When new ssl come out i flash oozoon once. Then flash back openpli nightly again. The ssl on oozoon is always guaranteed latest. It's my foolproof guide to updating any dreambox u may have. : ) (PS: if it's a clone then u may need to look for modified bootloader which may have unofficial versions like 72b etc when the official version might have been just 72.)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock