Good News Upgraded to Tata Sky Binge+

gautamsky

Reaction score
Hello friends

I am a regular reader of this forum from last 7-8 years and a tata sky subscriber from last 11 years.

After reading multiple reviews of Binge+ STB, finally yesterday I upgraded my 8 year old Samsung HD STB to Binge+

Till now, my viewing experience is good and following is my experience.

Good:
1. Very good hardware quality and STB looks premium.
2. Channel changing speed is fast as compared to old Technicolor HD STB.
3. No more horrible voice instructions for unsubscribed channels.
4. Excellent UI of EPG and other menus.
5. Favourite channel list is not limited to only 50 channels now as in the case of HD box.
6. HDMI CEC compatibility for easy operation of STB + TV + HT.
7. PQ of SD channels looks better than previous box.
8. Good quality remote and pressing the buttons gives good feedback. They are not like rubber buttons found on other remotes.

Bad:
1. Tatasky installer services. The guy who came to install the STB is only concerned about his commission of 100 Rs by activating all the apps.
None of the STB features were explained to me even after asking.

2. No manual provided in the box for STB or remote functionality.
I have to search 2 hours on youtube for correctly pairing the TV remote with STB remote.
Pro tip: Press SELECT+VOL UP button together for 5 seconds to toggle between stb volume and tv volume if after pairing tv volume is not changing by stb remote.

3. Slow startup of STB from cold boot.
4. Setting up favourite channels is a nightmare. Going to each and every channel and then press i on remote to mark as favourite. May be I am missing something for shortcut to mark as favourite multiple channels as once as in HD box.

Needs Improvement:
1. Settings and user settings menu can be better. Also can be grouped into a single setting icon.
2. Length of HDMI cable can be little longer. Just little. 😊
3. Ability to select font size in STB settings.
4. Giving freedom to arrange content on Binge space.

Last edited:
Hello friends

I am a regular reader of this forum from last 7-8 years and a tata sky subscriber from last 11 years.

After reading multiple reviews of Binge+ STB, finally yesterday I upgraded my 8 year old Samsung HD STB to Binge+

Good:
5. Favourite channel list is not limited to only 50 channels now as in the case of HD box.
8. Good quality remote and pressing the buttons gives good feedback. They are not like rubber buttons found on other remotes.

Bad:
1. Tatasky installer services. The guy who came to install the STB is only concerned about his commission of 100 Rs by activating all the apps.

I have to search 2 hours on youtube for correctly pairing the TV remote with STB remote.
Pro tip: Press SELECT+VOL UP button together for 5 seconds to toggle between stb volume and tv volume if after pairing tv volume is not changing by stb remote.

4. Setting up favourite channels is a nightmare. Going to each and every channel and then press i on remote to mark as favourite. May be I am missing something for shortcut to mark as favourite multiple channels as once as in HD box.

Needs Improvement:
1. Settings and user settings menu can be better. Also can be grouped into a single setting icon.
dolby audio issue on ott apps

Hello friends

Good:

Bad:

Needs Improvement:

Did your STB delivers Dolby Audio. Since the last update i am not getting dolby audio in my soundbar and also in my HT

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock