Volume Control Isdue on HD Channels

Reaction score
Dear All,

I am using TS+ HD with Yamaha YHT 196 sound system. For HD channels even if the volume in SET TOP BOX is set to zero, the sound comes through my Audio system speakers. I have connected my Audio System through BOTH HDMI N OPTICAL PORT OF STB. I tried with both n the issue is same. Request your help on finding what's the issue here, so that if I turn my volume in STB to Zero for HD Channels I should not get any sound from Audio System Speakers.

If the Audio output from STB is set to Dolby Digital, remote will not work. You need to set it to PCM to control volume thru STB remote. So you lose DD audio.

But I had the same option set in Airtel HD DVR, but it was working fine. Hope some SW issue should correct the same. Is it the same case for all TS HD, HD DVR N TRANSFER CUSTOMERS?

Yes it is a software issue, been around for a while. Guess they decided if you were connecting it to an amp / receiver, you would use the amp's remote to control volume. It's only the channels with DD audio that have this issue.

Yeah I'm facing the same issue. But i found a solution :
Step1. calibrate the Tatasky universal remote to control tv (or AVR) volume. (find details here Link Removed

Step2(important) . Press and hold the univ and select button simultaneously for 3 seconds (red led will blink slowly 3 times.

Result: The volume buttons on stb universal remote will control tv (or AVR) volume directly (without pressing univ button) . :tup

Hope this works for you also :tup
Let me know if it worked..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock