My two paise. Thanks to @iDJ
bhai for creating this lovely thread.
1. The Zee and Sony merger should safely proceed without affecting the name and identity of most of the existing channels. &TV (both SD and HD) should be shut down or sold.
2. More Hindi movies on Sony Max (HD) and preferably a new Hindi movie channel (could be Sony Max 2 HD) from Sony, in HD if possible. As promised in the merger conditions, Zee Classic, Zee Action and Big Magic should be sold.
Star Movies is now in need for a complete revamp. Fed up of old star logo.
3. ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!
At least Disney Star is finally trying to kill the Star World channels. And with that, some of the late-2000s Star logos should disappear. Bit what about Star Movies (Select), especially as an SD version is being launched for Star Movies Select? Their graphics have been totally unchanged for a decade or so. Star Movies (Select) must be rebranded on priority!
4. Also, Jalsha Movies should rebrand as well
since it recently crossed its 10th anniversary. Star Jalsha did the same after its 10th anniversary.
5. Please reduce the prices of channels in packs
or do something else to alleviate the rising cost of linear TV. Otherwise DDFD will continue to capture the lower half of the market and OTT the upper half.
6. More Sports18 channels on DTHs.
7. Assamese HD channels as iDJ bhai said, as well as Gujarati channels from more broadcasters, and HD channels in smaller languages. Star Kiran HD is coming as well.