Discussion What are your expectations from TV industry for 2024?

Television content is getting regressive and cheap in production values every year. Now they have even stopped with experimental and finite content. So i dont expect anything from this hopeless indian television.

Although i hope Star Bharat will shutdown.

Last edited:
Don't know the Future of ColorsTamil & Vijay TV after RIL & Disney - Star Merger

It wil be good, if they use the channel like this...

Colors Tamil - U + R - Dramas (Original + Dubbed)

Vijay TV / Colors Vijay / Colors Tamil Super - Reality Shows + U - Dramas (Original)

Vijay Super / Colors Vijay Super / Colors Tamil Cinema
- Movie Channel

VIjay Takkar / Colors Vijay Hitz / Colors Tamil Hitz
- Music Channel

BIGGBOSS 8 may telecasted in ColorsTamil

The only thing that I want in 2024 that others have not mentioned is for this logo to finally disappear from TV screens after 15 years. IYKYK. :lol:
oTsNl4R.png

1. The merger of Sony and Zee should be completed as soon as possible.
2. Sony SAB should launch some comedy programs to maintain its old image.
3. Zee, Sony, Star and Viacom should bring back their Hindi GEC channels on DD Free Dish.
4. The merger of Viacom and Star should be completed.
5. Dish D2h emerges once again.

3. Zee, Sony, Star and Viacom should bring back their Hindi GEC channels on DD Free Dish.
Point no 2 is important.

6. Slots should be increased to DD free dish because now FTA channels have increased a lot and slots on DD free dish are still very few, hence there is a huge gap between demand and supply And the prices of slots have increased a lot, last time a slot was sold for an average of Rs 17 crore, which is very high for a FTA broadcaster.

6. Slots should be increased to DD free dish because now FTA channels have increased a lot and slots on DD free dish are still very few, hence there is a huge gap between demand and supply And the prices of slots have increased a lot, last time a slot was sold for an average of Rs 17 crore, which is very high for a FTA broadcaster.
Correct.
Also all slots should be mpeg2.
As people don't buy mpeg4 boxes.

Well the following are my expectations from TV Industry this year:

1. Launch of Digital Terrestrial TV and Radio service in India. Maybe create a separate company out from Prasar Bharati - which manages this, and we can have an alternate to Cable / DTH going forward. As this has immense potential.

2. Indian Television channels start opting for Seasons for their serials - so that there's something to look forward to instead of mindless and endless soaps.

3. Base linear transmission to move from SD to HD and 4k in different capacities.

4. Get sleeping giant DD to wake up and start with OTT platform with capabilities of HD transmissions and further - get the old and new serials digitized for people to consume - as there restriction on availability of time makes it difficult to keep pace with linear transmission.

5. Getting to see a consolidated space for TV studio's line Star-Viacom; Sony-Zee and many more in this space as that would streamline a lot and help a lot from consumers standpoint.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock