Discussion What are your expectations from TV industry for 2024?

A4Akash

Contributor
Reaction score
My expectations are:

1. National broadcaster to enter in Gujarati and Assamese Genre (specially entertainment channels)

2. Expecting more HD Channels, even in regional languages also.

3. Hope the Zee-Sony Merger will happen in the new year.

4. Rebranding of DD National and DD Regional channels with good quality content.

1. Multiple local news channels because of Lok Sabha elections. National is a done deal. There is no growth of scope there.

2. HD variant of news channels. Expecting India Today HD and NDTV HD. Zee News HD and WION HD are fantasies which ain't happening.

3. ABP Network to be sold off.

4. Sony Zee's deal to collapse.

5. Sony to have exclusive set of shows for TV. Just like they are doing tor Sony LIV. I already see them taking linear channels off Sony Liv and have seperate digital feed for Sony Liv.

6. Rang HD and Rengoni HD. I am sure 2024 is the year for Assam to get it's first GEC.

7. Shutdown of multiple regional channels of Star after their deal with Viacom.

8. Star Bharat to finally bite the dust.

9. BBC News' business to first revamp. Than completely exit India.

10. ESPN to return to India. Shutdown or merger of multiple Star Sports channel and Sports 18 channels.

11. FanCode to exclusively tie up with a single sports broadcaster.

2023 has seen a tremendous amount of revamping and rebranding of channels. Well some sectors are still not up to date or even got outdated with time. Here are the expectations from my side:-

1. Star Sports Network is in need and should be revamped with a new logo and graphics. It's been a decade with the same design. IMO, Star Sports should also cut off some useless channels that don't go LIVE often.
  2. All English GEC's should change their content strategy and come up with new shows and air old or nostalgic shows during evening time or only Sat-Sun. Also applicable for Kids channels.
  3. All channels which are seen by subscribers very often should change to 16:9 immediately. Kudos to Sony for successfully changing all SD into 16:9.
  4. Launch of HD Hindi and English news channels. I'm hoping that we all may see this happening in 2024.
  5. All the information of merging of different companies should be done in this year itself. Otherwise abort.
  6. Star Bharat to be closed permanently or replace it with Star One or Life OK. Instead of replacement, shutting down permanently will be a good choice.

1.Launch of ETV Music HD & SD and ETV Bal Bharat Tamil, kannada, Malayalam should shutdown, & ETV HD channels introduction in all DTH platforms,

2.Star maa gold revamp

3.Raj Telugu channels with better content,

4.Mahaa Max & Mahaa news these two channels introduction in all DTH platforms,

5.Need dishtv completely sold,

6.Sony Max2 HD
(if Sony-Zee merger done then must need Bollywood classics movies channel in HD)

7.Movies Now HD & SD atleast with Hindi audio feed,

8.Discovery Turbo with Hindi audio feed,

9.&flix HD doing great work regarding maximum movies in Hindi and some movies in Telugu,Tamil, (After Sony-Zee merger &flix HD present strategy wouldn't destroy)

10.Sony BBC Earth HD channel tag line-Feel alive,
After Sony-Zee merger this channel wouldn't shutdown,

11.After Viacom18 & Disney Star merger,Star Gold Thrills this type of channel in HD,

12.Ambani should launch 4k Sports channel with audio feeds.

1.I Want Prasar Bharti To Launch Most Awaited DD Metro & DD Cinema Again.

2.Punjabi Channels From Viacom, Sony & Disney Star Network.

3.Launch Local Music & Movie Channels in good quality on DTH.

4.ESPN Return to India

5. More Affordable Packs

6.Low NCF Fee for Middle & Lower Class Families

Here are my expectations:

1. Ending monopoly of DD in terrestrial network and opening up the same to independent private players under a seperate cooperative entity called Swadheen TV Limited (Swadheen means independent in Hindi).

2. Shutting down useless and incumbent/inoperative news channels (Sahara Samay Network being one of them) that are eating up the transponders of the satellite TV industry. And also those news channels that show drama in the newsroom instead of news.

3. Entry of foreign players in Indian news TV. So that our so called newscasters/anchors can be taught a lesson on how to present news on air.

4. Movie production studios entering Indian television with quality programmes. Indians are sick and tired now of those same old saas-bahu melodrama. And I think they (movie production studios) will produce some good and path breaking content on TV.

5. No more mergers. Already a lot of drama is going on over Zee-CME and Reliance-Disney Star mergers. And also this "Warnamount" thing that is making airwaves nowadays.

6. HD feeds for all major DD channels - national and regional. And also usage of new high end cameras like Arri Alexa and Red Cameras for shooting all the shows on these channels.

7. Setting up a new independent news agency to replace the existing ANI.

8. Channels for all Vidhan Sabhas & Vidhan Parishads (wherever available) on the lines of Sansad TV under the name Vidhan Sabha TV/Vidhan TV.

9. Immediate implementation of DTT (Digital Terrestrial Television) to replace the slowly obsolete Cable TV service.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock