When will more indian regional channels relay in HD ?

I think Isro is not able to provide required TPs thats why DTH are forced to buy foreign TPs. So if Isro cann't provide enough TP space it should allow DTH to buy foreign TPs as per their requirement & wish. This has nothing to with unemployment in India. Isro arranging TP space for local & foreign DTH has become a game of hide & seek as only TS has Isro TPs.

jdrocks said:
I have seen SD picture quality on DTH in UK and USA. The PQ for SD channels as well as audio quality is far superior than what we get on our DTH here with our highly compressed channels. Further most of the SD channels there are broadcast in 16:9 aspect ratio, so the picture does not appear stretched. So yes, we are nowhere near the quality that customers abroad enjoy.

I think one should think twice before purchasing TV set with screen size more than 40" as there is no point watching pixelated SD on such TV sets atleast till many HD channels are available.
It seems what is SD in developed countries is HD for DTH in India & people are paying HD rates for this SD quality content.

True, I learned this by my exp,after expensive spending on a Sony 46"LED.

had I done this type of review/research before purchase, atleast I would have settled for 32" for now and would kept that extra money to upgrade for higher models at time when TV industry is matured for us to have more HD content...:'(

NinadG said:
I think one should think twice before purchasing TV set with screen size more than 40" as there is no point watching pixelated SD on such TV sets atleast till many HD channels are available.
It seems what is SD in developed countries is HD for DTH in India & people are paying HD rates for this SD quality content.

no,it will not, is my experience (with new airtel HD connection+Sony 46" TV on HDMI cable).

I used normal SD box with d2h, it gave better clarity of SD channels on composite cable, Yesterday for second time service engr from airtel came to my house, I proved this to him, he didn't have a proper reply was repeating same 'HD channels are better' which anyway we know...:wall (they have standard replies or are trained only for,"if signal strength/qual drops below 30%,re-align dish/try replace the STB etc...above that everything is fine")

naveenstuns said:
Will STB upscale SD channels?

May be now Airtel is now following TS way of channel addition by reducing PQ/compressing SD channels to accommodate more & more required channels as they keep following their footsteps. :hello :huh :dodgy :wall

naveenstuns said:
Will STB upscale SD channels?

No a STB can not Upscale a channel but if you use HDMI cable then it will just try to upscale the channels from Sd to HD which will even make it even worse in some cases. But yes a 40 inch or larger Full hd Tv will automatically upscale any channel on content to make it fit on the screen, still SD channels after upscaling won't look sharp on larger tv's has SD channels use so much less bandwidth that only looks good on small 21 to 25 inch crt tv's and that also with a AV cable. Its better to Download and watch Full HD movies on larger full hd Tv's rather than using them for DTH or Cable connection

:k

NinadG said:
May be now Airtel is now following TS way of channel addition by reducing PQ/compressing SD channels to accommodate more & more required channels as they keep following their footsteps. :hello :huh :dodgy :wall

NinadG bro do you know the cost of hiring a Single Tp from a satellite and if you don't trust me just read the statement's below it will answer you why DTH are forced to use has much of Space available in a TP

The report by Euroconsult of Paris said the average transponder price of $1.62 million per year for 36 megahertz of capacity hides a wide regional price disparity. The report says there is a “risk of price erosion” in the coming years as some markets soften with new satellites entering service.

Northeast Asia featured the second-most-costly transponders, at $2.6 million per transponder per year, followed by the region around Australia and New Zealand, where prices averaged $1.7 million per year.

:lol

DishHD said:
NinadG bro do you know the cost of hiring a Single Tp from a satellite and if you don't trust me just read the statement's below it will answer you why DTH are forced to use has much of Space available in a TP

The report by Euroconsult of Paris said the average transponder price of $1.62 million per year for 36 megahertz of capacity hides a wide regional price disparity. The report says there is a “risk of price erosion” in the coming years as some markets soften with new satellites entering service.

Northeast Asia featured the second-most-costly transponders, at $2.6 million per transponder per year, followed by the region around Australia and New Zealand, where prices averaged $1.7 million per year.

:lol

It's too costly. :dodgy
Isro is providing at half rate. Around RS 5,00,00,000 = $ 815,000 only ,36 Mhz TP per year :eek:hya

Ref : http://www.isro.org/parliament/2011/Budget/LUSQ3430.pdf

Well done ISRO :clap

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock