Why leading tamil channels like Polimer News, Peppers is not available in single DTH?

Its true Peppers TV was one of the innovative youth channel in Tamil but the channel is not have much funds to pay carriage fee to DTH's
As per my thinking a single channel have to pay nearly 1.5 Lakhs as carriage fee to avail in DTH for a month.
In case of HD it is around 4 lakhs.

Fast moving DTH operators like Videocon's DTH and Airtel's DTH should add Polimer News & Peppers TV in their platform.

Then only Old DTH operators like DISH TV & TATA Sky forced to consider the these two channels in their future.

After that, even Reliance may add these two tamil channels in their DTH platform ; but we should not expect the same in Sun Network's DTH Platform.

On an average, 1 year cost is 5-6 crores for SD chnls, HD chnls cost more.

Even DD freedish charges roughly 3 crores for 1 yr contract, their rate list has been seen many times. :k

It all depends on the priority of the dth & the demand from the customers;
I rarely feel airtel & tatasky will add less popular channel where Dishtv or D2h may add for the sake of channel count.

Currently Polimer News is being available on most of the DTH platform.

But still, Peppers Television is the only Tamil channel not available on any DTH platform including Tata Sky.

What's wrong with Peppers Television.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock