Breaking Zee Media to launch Urdu news channel on 1 July

ShivRaj

Contributor
Reaction score
Zee Media Corporation Ltd (ZMCL) is planning to launch an Urdu news channel on 1 July. The channel will be called Zee Salaam.

Incidentally, ZMCL’s sister concern Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) also runs an Urdu infotainment channel of the same name.

ZEEL is planning to shut down Zee Salaam to allow ZMCL to launch it as an Urdu news channel.

“We are launching Urdu news channel Zee Salaam on 1 July. Earlier, it was an infotainment channel. We are making it a news channel. We are already running bulletins on the channel,” ZMCL CEO regional channels Jagdish Chandra told TelevisionPost.com.

Zee Salaam is already on several direct-to-home (DTH) platforms like Dish TV, Tata Sky, Reliance Digital TV and Airtel Digital TV. It is also available on leading cable TV platforms.

Zee Media to launch Urdu news channel on 1 July | TelevisionPost.com

There are less infotainment channels in the genre.They should have persisted with the same with fresh content.

Zee always launching new channels and after few year they Shutdown

I can't understand coz Zee Salam channel is already exist, then how could it be a new channel???

Last edited:
I think Zee company don't know how to handle new channels coz at first they launch new new channels, but later they shut down the channels.
:huh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock