Breaking Zee Punjabi set to launch on 13 January, 2020

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 213
  • Views: Views 49,890
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DDFD factor is crucial and this will surely lead to a hike in TRPs. Currently T TV is the only Punjabi option on DDFD. We have a situation where every single Bhojpuri channel is on DDFD, whether from a big or a small network. This has led to more eyeballs. The same will be the case here.

To take on PTC, Zee Punjabi is banking on its serials and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. How will it stand out from PTC Punjabi Gold, Pitaara, etc. if it shows only movies and music? In fact Punjabi is the only language where serials have not been aired until now. Zee Punjabi has changed that. Of course, heavy investment is needed.

By the way, @Armaan99 bro, you can update your profile picture with the new Zee Punjabi logo. :tup:
Yes I am updating my profile picture bro.

What you are referring to as a monopoly is one predominant channel out of several channels (e.g., Sun TV, Star Maa, Asianet). That is not really a monopoly. However, since Colors Gujarati is the only channel in the Gujarati matket, it is a true monopoly.

On a different note, it is clear that Punjabis want to see shows in their own language, which PTC (as far as serials are concerned) has not given, with mostly movies, music and reality shows. I don't know if the same is true for Gujarat. It is known that Gujaratis prefer watching Hindi TV channels, but how much they will prefer watching Colors Gujarati over Hindi channels is not clear. This will present a challenge for Zee to enter Gujarat.
We have Sony Sab which is the most watched channel in Gujarat. And it's twice bigger than its nearest competitor. 😅

Bro... They have by mistake written "sassa" (ਸ) instead of "mamma"(ਮ)
T

There is no spelling mistake its khasma nu khane... As a Punjabi i am telling u its true only punjabi people said to each other with love..

What you are referring to as a monopoly is one predominant channel out of several channels (e.g., Sun TV, Star Maa, Asianet). That is not really a monopoly. However, since Colors Gujarati is the only channel in the Gujarati matket, it is a true monopoly.

On a different note, it is clear that Punjabis want to see shows in their own language, which PTC (as far as serials are concerned) has not given, with mostly movies, music and reality shows. I don't know if the same is true for Gujarat. It is known that Gujaratis prefer watching Hindi TV channels, but how much they will prefer watching Colors Gujarati over Hindi channels is not clear. This will present a challenge for Zee to enter Gujarat.
Colors Gujarati as of now is the BARC Topper in Gujarat alongwith CGC (Colors Gujarati Cinema). these are the only entertainment channels in the Gujarat BARC list where it's mainly dominated by news channels

Colors Gujarati as of now is the BARC Topper in Gujarat alongwith CGC (Colors Gujarati Cinema). these are the only entertainment channels in the Gujarat BARC list where it's mainly dominated by news channels
Colors Gujarati and CGC will obviously be at the top in the Gujarati market. But this does not say anything about whether Gujaratis prefer to watch Colors Gujarati or Star Plus/Zee TV/Sony. Most likely it is the latter. The two channels have barely 20,000 GRPs each which is very low for a state as large as Gujarat.
Bro... They have by mistake written "sassa" (ਸ) instead of "mamma"(ਮ)
As I have said:
Punjabi has a symbol called the addhak ( ੱ ) which doubles consonants. If the word were indeed Khassa, they would have written ਖੱਸਾਂ. Moreover the Punjabi letter Ma has no line on top; it is simply the letter Sa without a line. In fact the Punjabi Sa is identical to the Hindi Ma.

Last edited:
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Punjabi Official poster :
jhqDdYW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock