• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 11,215
Status
Not open for further replies.

SUNIEL

Banned
Reaction score
Subhadarshi Tripathy, the Business Head of ZeeQ, is driving Zeel's efforts as it seeks to establish foothold in a genre dominated by foreign networks like Disney, Nickelodeon and Turner. Tripathy is responsible for developing brand strategy, programming and content acquisition strategy.
In a conversation with Indiantelevision.com's JavedFarooqui , Tripathy shares his views about the opportunities in the kid's genre, ZeeQ's content strategy and how it plans to drive the pay-TV business ina market where business model is still loaded heavily infavour of ad sales.
Excerpts :
Q. Why couldn't ZeeQ fully be owned and managed by Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (Zeel)? Who has the management of the channel?
The channel is owned by Zeel because it is the home for all the entertainment broadcast business of Zee. The operations of the channel are managed by Zee Learn as thiscompany specifically runs the education business of children. We have an in-house ad sales team while distribution is being managed by Media Pro. So in that senseZeeQ is a completely different set-up.
Q. Since multinational companies dominate the kids broadcasting business, what has been the initial feedback you have got about the channel since its launch?
The content strategy has been designed in such a way that we get more and more participative content. We believe that people who participate are eventually going to subscribe to the channel.
The content strategy has been designed in such a way that we get more and more participative content. We are already getting good response since the letters that we have received have been very engaging and havegone to the extent of even suggesting us to tweak particular elements of some shows. Teenovation, for example, is a show which has got fantastic response.
But since this is a 'free view period' (till March), we wouldn't know how many people would subscribe to us. ZeeQ is a pay channel. We are not chasing TAM ratings because how many people subscribe to the channel will define how many people like it.
Q. Has the distribution of the channel been settled on the digital platforms?
We are currently available onDish TV and Videocon d2h. Tata Sky should happen soon. we are also on digital cable TV.
We have planned out our distribution strategy. As thereare 38 cities that are coming up for digitisation in the second phase (by 31 March according to government mandate), we have selected 20 cities out of them where werun our schools. For more Indiantelevision.com > Executive Dossier > Indiantelevision.com's interview with ZeeQ Business Head Subhadarshi Tripathy

So much delay for Gsat. But finally look like some good news is now 1 step ahead.

I think it will happen after Gsat10 functioning

brothers gsat 10 is not happening most probablyy for tata sky. tata sky is keeping the failure as secret i guess. i was in constant touch with a senior person on tata sky, till dec they were adamant giving deadlines that by this date or month new chs will b added from gsat 10, they gave me 6 deadlines one after another. in jan they stopped mentioning gsat 10 in their answer and told that we r working on it without referring to gsat 10. now my patience ran out and finally i had along talk today and after 30 mins mins, the senior person said that tata sky has no authority to comment on gsat 10 as its not their property which indirectly means that isro has not authorized tata sky to communicate anything about gsat 10.
this most probably means that gsat 10 has devloped some fault and tata sky will not get tps from it. i hope i am wrong but this is the impression that i got during the conversation.
all tata sky customers, keep on waiiiiiiiiting. tata sky hhas a bad luck and the story continues
earlier for 3 years tata sky waited for gsat 10 and now they wont get anything from it i guess

Yes tata sky is starting MPEG4 but not right now.

i really like teenovation show broadcasting in ZEE HD

and want this channel on TS.

i will definitely subscribe if within budget

me_saket said:
i really like teenovation show broadcasting in ZEE HD

and want this channel on TS.

i will definitely subscribe if within budget

which ZEE HD? By the way there is ZEE tv HD available.

yes, teenovation on zee q is an awesome programme. all videocon d2h customers should watch it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock