Are you happy with new (2019) TRAI based satellite tv plans?

Are you happy with new TRAI based satellite tv plans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a lighter note, channels like TV5 Monde Asie have come a long way from being available only on a-la-carte basis at Rs. 150/month in Dish TV to my efforts resulting in it getting added subsequently on airtel, tata sky thus made available in base pack and lower individual price and ultimately now when it's there to opt for FREE!

Long journey for them but still one thing remains unchanged, only this channel continues to air uncensored content from then then till now. :)
What? I am getting these channel for free for years now.

This plans help nobody but Tata Sky users who were use to paying way too much money in the name of HD access fee before.
This plan doesn't help TS users either. I'm a platinum user and I'm getting all the channels @ 720 pm approx. In this new regime I've to spend Rs. 736+ per month and I'll not be getting many SD channels + TSBP + free showcase movies.

Very soon, FTA channels would be jealous on "Pay channel" status & revenue.

Result, present pay channels count would increase from 350 to 600 by next year.

Possible chances of increase in Rs.19/channel to Rs.30/channel.

Who knows, Ten network would ask you Rs.50 for WWE main event PPV shows similar to US tariff model.

People who speaks about present benefits of the new tariff model must think about future threat lies in it...😘😘

New cost 741/-
Now 432/-
Yes earlier had all channels that Tatasky was giving. Now had to select and skipped all non regional except Marathi and Malayalam.

I

Who knows, Ten network would ask you Rs.50 for WWE main event PPV shows similar to US tariff model.

People who speaks about present benefits of the new tariff model must think about future threat lies in it...😘😘

I don't think so

No FTA channels are not converting into pay channel. If they do they will lose whatever audience they have left. If they convert to pay. They would have to invest in premium price for those shows.
Sony Pictures Network can't charge Rs 50 for WWE pay per views. If they do, they won't be able to show ads. And WWE storylines are below average nowadays. If you miss any WWE pay per view you still don't lose any interest. And WWE Network is already available in India for around 700 rupees. I bet they don't even have 50,000 subscribers in India. Pay per view model won't work in India.

People will watch FTA channels and close subscription within Rs. 154

Off topic : Although I am against both Free Dish or having kids. Some broadcaster should really consider converting a cartoon channel to FTA. I feel bad for the children missing out children shows. Discovery has a great opportunity here. They should consider converting Jeet Prime to a hybrid FTA infotainment (only kid friendly content) and cartoon channel for Free Dish users.

Off topic : Although I am against both Free Dish or having kids. Some broadcaster should really consider converting a cartoon channel to FTA. I feel bad for the children missing out children shows. Discovery has a great opportunity here. They should consider converting Jeet Prime to a hybrid FTA infotainment (only kid friendly content) and cartoon channel for Free Dish users.
That's actually a great suggestion bro. Me too agree!:nj:

Brother, i am not so much interested in knowing why u r against Free Dish but "or having kids" part has raised my curiosity level. What exactly do u dislike about kids, does cleaning nappies bother u or their mischief/habits are difficult to take care of?

If there is some other reason like bad experience while trying ur luck at having it then there are various chyawanprash, tonics to help overcome maritial "issues".

As a caring brother, i am always there to give best advice/help. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock