DDF Exclusive Compare and Discuss Your Desired Pack With New TRAI Rules In Place

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 417
  • Views: Views 71,368
Finally after checking and thinking I have selected the required channels.Now I need to pay 82rs more every month(Used to pay 324rs earlier)

Capture.png
Why are you select pogo and cartoon network seperact?

My main choice sports. All HD and SD. Now I subscribed sports damaka with hdaf. Cost ₹ 515/month. Given two pictures. And I go for another one broadcaster also. TRAI rules 👎
e99akjQ.jpg
Q0kpVdt.jpg

Partially incorrect understanding (Highlighted in bold). Customers are free to choose 75 channels, it is not mandatory to take the channels that the DPO offers in 153 pack. If customer chooses 75 FTA channels, then nothing extra will be charged. If customer chooses a combination of Pay and FTA channels (Total 75), Pay channel MRP plus taxes needs to be paid in addition to 153...
Hey, you are right!! I had not seen it properly earlier. I was probably looking at those recommended packs n getting confused.

Checked yesterday from my desktop. I see both alacarte & bouquets. It's cumbersome to find out what is the cheapest and the best. I doubt if every /average user will be capable of doing this on their own.

Coming to our connection, earlier, we were paying ₹99 (with 2 free regional top ups - so Kannada was covered). Now, it comes to ₹275 for just Kannada channels (with packs of course - I think I skipped the star pack). My neighbour, aged couple, was saying he was paying ₹160 (99+61 - he doesn't know of the free regional top ups) earlier n was saying the shop person said he has to pay 350 from Feb 1.

So, it's not just a problem of higher prices.now the average user will be more confused on how to select packs/channels to get the most optimal pricing for their preferred language.

Also, unless operators give an easy & friendly option to cancel a pack/channel in a simple & intuitive way, this is going to cost a lot for the users. I am not able to remove the channels I added in Airtel last week by myself from self-care/app.

I hope Airtel app/portal will become user-friendly to add & remove packs/channels.

Hey, you are right!! I had not seen it properly earlier. I was probably looking at those recommended packs n getting confused.

Checked yesterday from my desktop. I see both alacarte & bouquets. It's cumbersome to find out what is the cheapest and the best. I doubt if every /average user will be capable of doing this on their own.

Coming to our connection, earlier, we were paying ₹99 (with 2 free regional top ups - so Kannada was covered). Now, it comes to ₹275 for just Kannada channels (with packs of course - I think I skipped the star pack). My neighbour, aged couple, was saying he was paying ₹160 (99+61 - he doesn't know of the free regional top ups) earlier n was saying the shop person said he has to pay 350 from Feb 1.

So, it's not just a problem of higher prices.now the average user will be more confused on how to select packs/channels to get the most optimal pricing for their preferred language.

Also, unless operators give an easy & friendly option to cancel a pack/channel in a simple & intuitive way, this is going to cost a lot for the users. I am not able to remove the channels I added in Airtel last week by myself from self-care/app.

I hope Airtel app/portal will become user-friendly to add & remove packs/channels.
You can check the tool created by TRAI in their website. There is an optimize option and that is working fine. All you need to do is, select all the channels you need on al-a-carte basis and then use the optimize option. It'll automatically suggest bouquets, if they work out to be cheaper for you. But I agree that this isn't easy for everyone, especially people in villages and rural areas will suffer.

Hi all,
IF i change the plan today,, will it be effective from today itself or from FEb 1st?

Thanks Siva,, i just shifted my plan to basic 153 rs, with FRee tamil addon channels. I am planning to use my Fire TV stick to view other tamil HD/Sports HD content. I dont think it is really worth the price to pay for the content each channels provide(eg: Vijay tv 22 rs.) I feel if many subscribers move out of pay channels then they would automatically make it free or reduce its price. One more option is buy a cheap tablet with HDMI output and stream all channels using JIO TV/Hotstar

PFB the list of free Tamil channels given by Airtel :(
SD 768 MAKKAL TV
SD 815 ANGEL TV
SD 771 Vasanth
SD 788 Thanti Tv
SD 747 Malai Murasu
SD 753 Puthu Yugam
SD 784 Puthiya Thalaimurai
SD 679 Sri Sankara
SD 783 NEWS 7 TAMIL
SD 816 Madha TV
SD 792 SATHIYAMTV
SD 787 Polimer News
SD 817 Nambikkai TV
SD 821 7S Music
SD 791 Cauvery News
SD 796 Malai Murasu
SD 747 Captain TV
SD 776 TAMILAN TV
SD 760 KALAINGAR
SD 785 Kalaignar Seithigal
Kalaignar Seithigal
SD 808 Kalaignar Murasu
SD 805 ISAIARUVI
SD 812 MK Tunes
SD 767 SIRIPPOLI
SD 766 POLIMER

I want Vendhar TV ,mk network channels ,Sai tv ..it's is possible to get after 1st Feb ? In my channel selection ..plz tell anyone :blush2:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock