New Version of Airtel Internet TV

ddarshan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have called Customer care yesterday and they have told that they released new version of Internet TV last week, which has bug fixes and improvements. Is it true?

I am planning to Buy a new connection as i will be getting the new connection for 6K which includes all cost in Bangalore.

Let me know if it s good idea to switch from Videocon ?

Thanks,
Dhruva

@ddarshan Bro what do you mean by New Version it's Android Version or Box itself completely new,

Then 6000 includes DTH subscription for how many months??

If you can answer both this I will get a clear idea of what you are asking for??

New version for the box and not the android. 6k includes all SD+HD channels for 1 year , including installation charges.

New version for the box and not the android. 6k includes all SD+HD channels for 1 year , including installation charges.

Ask them specifically what are the new features added if any other than bug fixes and make sure that they are providing Subscription for a year,Since Older Boxes were costlier than this New Version.

And I think there may not be any new features other than bug fix since the Cost of the box is Rs.6000 and it's a good price when compared to 7k-8K when older version launched with 1 year subscription.

Thanks karan, it is 7k actually, as i am Airtel BB customer they are giving 1k off. I will call them again ask about the new things on the box.

Thanks karan, it is 7k actually, as i am Airtel BB customer they are giving 1k off. I will call them again ask about the new things on the box.
Have a demo before you pay up. Previous Internet TV STB was pathetic in terms of bugs & performance. Dont pay & repent. Buy only if you are satisfied with the performance.

Yes, i will pay only after i see all services working. As i will be booking through a customer care executive and pay by neft to installation guy.

Hi everyone, i dont have a DTH at the moment and seriously planning to get one and came across this "Internet Tv for Rs 3,499 for 1 month and Rs 6,999 for 1 year" which does looks attractive as it seems to have ChromeCast type setup for playing Amazon Prime, Youtube etc which i was thinking for long to get.

But from an youtube video it seems the settop box lags in performance when used with WiFi (which i intend to do) and is better when hooked via landline.

Anyone who has this setup with the latest version of the set-top box or has infos on the same suggest me if a normal settop box is better or this one.

Also i have senior citizens who would regularly use the set top box and its remote so im slightly sceptical is they can use the remote and UI.

Thanks.

Last edited:
@HOUSE-MD Bro

Browse through our forum other threads too you'll get some idea on performance,

I want to write only two important thing regarding what you asked

1.Absolutely no lag in WIFI that's false information

2.Yes it will be harder for older people but they can easily get used to it.

First when the TV is switched on it will by default start at Star Plus channel then by switching the three digit LCN of the genre they want they can go that channel for example if they want to watch vijay tv they can easily press 758 Vijay tv will come up from there channels + or - they can browse through entire tamil genre it's more or less like ordinary TV navigation they can never ever care about UI unless they want to something advanced, for watching TV alone most probably they will get used to it very easily.

Last edited:
@HOUSE-MD Bro

Browse through our forum other threads too you'll get some idea on performance,

I want to write only two important thing regarding what you asked

1.Absolutely no lag in WIFI that's false information

2.Yes it will be harder for older people but they can easily get used to it.

First when the TV is switched on it will by default start at Star Plus channel then by switching the three digit LCN of the genre they want they can go that channel for example if they want to watch vijay tv they can easily press 758 Vijay tv will come up from there channels + or - they can browse through entire tamil genre it's more or less like ordinary TV navigation they can never ever care about UI unless they want to something advanced, for watching TV alone most probably they will get used to it very easily.

Ok, sounds easy to navigate via pressing + & - within Tamil Channels as mostly they watch Tamil & English entertainment. Thanks for your reply. :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock