DDF Exclusive 3 SPN Channels (Mix & ESPN SD/HD) to Shut down wef 30th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a minority shareholder
If 20% is a small number then why Disney doesn't buyout ESPN. May be ESPN would be getting Sports Rights Due to Hearst Communications's good relationship with the sellers.

What I am trying to say that Hearst Communications is somehow imp. to Disney
Because I don't see any other reason why can't Disney buy those 20% shares when they can buy whole Star India.

U r right, OTT was not the only reason but surely not getting enough audience was. Animax operated in very niche category, it needed healthy subscription revenue to survive as ad revenues if present r very minimal. Most people do not want to pay for good content on tv hence best option is to shut such chs... OTT is suitable platform for it as it reduces running cost and revenue thru subscription or ads can make a sustainable model.

Let alone Animax, chs like Discovery Kids or even Sonic, Disney , Turner have tried to bring foreign shows but in this present time it has not worked. Broadcasters do take it seriously but tastes have changed a lot, kids these days enjoy diff sort of content which we dislike

I Do agree with you partially bro , but now change has started happening it could help in changing things . thanks to Indian anime fans community who worked hard they made Vkaao to air Anime movies through petition several movies now Vkaao promotes them in their social media pages , apart from it they also made anime in hindi dubbing possible with help of Indian hindi voice artists professionals - netflix finally acknowledged fans demand and they started dubbing anime in hindi , they even dubbed ghibli anime movies and their other movies. So Animax can put faith in indian anime fans and relaunch in India with better promotion. as proven by vkaao they managed biggest box office for anime movie in india in theatres.

Not all channels failed , Turner's CN india channel although airs repeat episode of oggy and cockroaches its intl animated series thanks to it they managed to be in BARC ratings in 3rd position and Even Disney manages to come in barc ratings always thanks to aring Doraemon wehich is intl fav kids anime series . kids do love good animated series if given proper exposure to. even Sonic acknowledges the fact and nick that's why they still air Ninja hattori which is another intl kids series , shaun the sheep and though power ranger's popularity not same as earlier they still air them. they do know ninja hattori's loyal fan base thats why nick still retain the show. Hungama TV shinchan kids anime series still popular among kids.

If 20% is a small number then why Disney doesn't buyout ESPN. May be ESPN would be getting Sports Rights Due to Hearst Communications's good relationship with the sellers.

What I am trying to say that Hearst Communications is somehow imp. to Disney
Because I don't see any other reason why can't Disney buy those 20% shares when they can buy whole Star India.

It's not about if they can buy or not. Hearst and Disney were in business together for a long time owning two different networks ESPN and A+E together. ESPN has majorly owned by Disney and can take any decisions on the same which is not the case with A+E. However one reason for Disney not buying out 20% is ESPN is loosing subs for a very long time which is impacting their revenue and doesn't want take an extra burden buying out 20% out of Hearst which will not make any difference for Disney decision and execution wise other than being a full owned company.

this post might not be belong to this thread but just for example i post here.
sony espn will be shutdown below is indication from sony pictures sports network also.
in below pic olympic events will be showing as per pic listed sony espn channel
a2wu8Sr.png

in 2nd letest tweet screenshot pic of olympic event sony espn channel removed from broadcast channels of sony sports network xhannel list
QAcyUec.png

Source

It's strange that Euro Cup has been postponed to 2021, but SPSN channels are still showing the ads for 2020 🙊🙊

After hearing the news about shutdown of mix, i've been wondering if FTA music genre is actually profitable. All top music channels are on DDFD, Do they earn enough from advertisements in order to sustain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock