5.1 output in Videocon D2H HD Box

Hi Guys,

I bought d2h platinum HD package on august.
After so many review & discussion for 5.1 Dolby digital output from my HD2222 box I called customer care they replied 5.1 available only through spdif. s i bought coaxial to optical for my samsung ht having optical in but still unable to get 5.1.
After many call logs techinical head of our area visited he uograded the box to latest firmware.
What surprise is i am getting 5.1 (for available dolby chanels like star plus & few) output on HDMI & stereo for others.
I can conclude that customer care people dont know the field picture but the fact is that I am able to receive 5.1 Dolby digital (Auto mode in box) Throught HDMI only.

My connection are as per below

STB---HDMI---> HDMI in of my samsung blu ray player & HDMI OUT-----HDMI----->to TV HDMI IN

STB config. AUto (whenever dd is there it will catch it otherwise stereo)
DD is superb just like blu ray disc is playing for channels like English movie Star movies HD, Zee Studio HD, Movies Now HD, Mtunes HD.

Thanks all for your posts & knowledge sharing.

chitrang_6996 said:
Hi Guys,

After so many review & discussion for 5.1 Dolby digital output from my HD2222 box I called customer care they replied 5.1 available only through spdif. s i bought coaxial to optical for my samsung ht having optical in but still unable to get 5.1.
After many call logs techinical head of our area visited he uograded the box to latest firmware.
What surprise is i am getting 5.1 (for available dolby chanels like star plus & few) output on HDMI & stereo for others.
I can conclude that customer care people dont know the field picture but the fact is that I am able to receive 5.1 Dolby digital (Auto mode in box) Throught HDMI only.

STB---HDMI---> HDMI in of my samsung blu ray player & HDMI OUT-----HDMI----->to TV HDMI IN

DD is superb just like blu ray disc is playing for channels like English movie Star movies HD, Zee Studio HD, Movies Now HD, Mtunes HD.

Have you selected Dobly Surround from Box menu by pressing yellow button....

chitrang_6996 said:
Thanks for the post, Very informative.

I recommend changing the mode to surround in STB. That ensures that if DD audio is there, it will definitely passed to the HTR. You don't need to change the audio to DD in each channel. If DD audio is not there, it outputs the stereo. In my case AUTO mode did not work as expected. Hence I changed it to Surround mode.

chitrang_6996 said:
Hi Guys,

DD 5.1 available in hdmi of 2222 box and it's very convenient to use than spdif connection....cc people are not aware of many things....very bad...

I am getting 5.1 DD signal from HDMI output also when I connected to my Onkyo receiver...

@anjan: Yes, DD works via HDMI in 2222 stb, It was not working on 2011 STB(black colored)

amitsood1111 said:
Yes Dear Yes Dear Videocon D2H has provide 5.1 Dolby digital sound on some of its HD Channels I think there are ten channels which are enabled with Dolby sound. If you have home theater and it has coaxial out port then simply connect coaxial cable to your STB SP/DIF Port with your HT via Coaxial cable then go to settings and enable home cinema option in audio then u see the dolby sound is enable on your channels.

If any query u can call me on 9XXXXX.
I am happy to help u in this regards.

Videocon till the time not providing 5.1 dolby sound. Don't misguide the customer or persons

You are the one who is pulling old thread and misguiding people. Videoncon does provide 5.1 output.

chaubey86 said:
Videocon till the time not providing 5.1 dolby sound. Don't misguide the customer or persons

Who told you?? D2H providing good quality Dolby Digital 5.1 through HDMI cable and SPDIF/Optical output.

you have to convert the 5.1 digital signals to 5.1 analog signal by using any HT/AV receiver.

My connection is as follows

HD STB --> HDMI--> Samsung TV 32f4100 --> Optical Spdif --> Panasonic Receiver -----> Good clarity & perfect 5.1 Channel out.

Don't Blame/misguide people without any knowledge.

Selva

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock