5.1 output in Videocon D2H HD Box

Panasonic SC-PT 22 does not have Digital audio in support. So, you can't get DD audio via your set up.

Dear Sadiq ,
I was also plannig to buy that decoder from ebay. I have videocon D2H HD with 3D support. Are you using right coaxial digital cable.

Hi Sadiq,
Am having Audio Gear decoder. I try to connect my Sundirect STB to decoder & decoder to Speakers. But still i didnt get 5.1 sound in speakers. I choosed Sun Music HD (dolby digital) in Sun direct, but still rear speakers didnt work. Can u help with this issue

@Gowmara: Can you please post the picture of your connections? You need the digital output to be connected to decoder and decoder to Amp+Speakers.

Hi,
I have connect optical optput(digital) from Sun direct HD STB to decoder, then i connected 5.1 analog signal from decoder to CEN/SW,FL/FR,SR/SL of the speaker.

Connection is correct.
Thanks.

Are you getting audio from rear speakers from other channels? If so, Sun Music HD may not be providing 5.1 audio signal. It could be stereo signal.

Are you using this http://www.bajaao.com/shop/74-studiorecording/9774-51-audio-gear-dolbydts-digital-to-analog-audio-decoder-converter.html or http://www.shopclues.com/5.1-audio-gear-digital-sound-decoder.digital-to-analog-converter-dolby-xbox.html decoder? If so, there are two things check. One- it needs to be connected to an amplifier as it does not have any amp section. 2) It has a 2.1/5.1 selector switch. Toggle it to see, if that makes a difference.

For dolby audio decoding don't use shown below type decoder its a bogus product from china.

Its available on aliexpress.com in just Rs. 3500 but it won't work or fails after some month.

So please don't buy this, If you want then please buy a original home theatre which comes with Coaxial and Optical Digital Input. It will work for you.

Now a days home theatres are available in around 7000 to 12000 Rupees with good sound quality which also comes with Coaxial and Optical Input and it will do the work.

Check this philips products which have Digital Coaxial and Optical Input and can be use with any DTH Set Up Box.

Philips - 5.1 Home theater HTS2512/94 - 5.1 Home theater - Home cinema sound - Sound and vision

and

Philips - Immersive Sound Home theater DVD - HTS2511/94 - 5.1 Home theater - Home cinema sound - Sound and vision

Sadiq said:
Hi.. Now I am able to look at the images that you uploaded..

Yours is a DVD player with 5.1 speakers. It is not a 5.1 speaker system or 5.1 home theater.. With this setup, you can connect audio out (not digital audio) from d2h set top box to Aux In of your DVD player. You can get 5.1 output from your DVD player using its inbuilt prologic function..

Hi Sadiq,
I have Videocon HD (not HDR) STB (latest model i.e. #2222) It has normal RCA out, SPDIF OUT (coax digital) and HDMI OUT. As per my internet search, the 5.1 DD out (for videocon at least) is through the SPDIF out.
I have Sony BDV E290 HTS. It has 1 optical digital IN.
I have Sony NX520 LCD tv. It has no digital IN/OUT.

With these instruments and IN-OUT ports, how can I have a setup to enjoy the 5.1 DD audio (whichever channel is transmitting the same) via my HTS?

I assume I would need to connect coax digital OUT of STB to optical digital IN of HTS player. In that case, I guess, I'll need to buy coax digital to optical digital converter
e.g. http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Coaxial-Toslink-Optical-Converter/dp/B001622FL8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1372776593&sr=8-6&keywords=digital+coax+to+digital+optical
and 2 cables (1 optical digital on both ends and 1 coax digital on both ends)
These 3 items would cost me in thousands !!!
I really hope this is not THE ONLY way.

What is/are the
1> best
2> most economical
way/s?

Possible to have a cable by which I can connect coax digital of STB to RCA IN (red-white) of HTS? If possible, would it give me 5.1 (true) sound?

-Prasad

@Prasad: Only option looks like you need Optical to Coax Digital convertor.. Costs about $15+Shipping..

Hi,

Philips - 5.1 Home theater HTS2512/94 - 5.1 Home theater - Home cinema sound - Sound and vision

and

Philips - Immersive Sound Home theater DVD - HTS2511/94 - 5.1 Home theater - Home cinema sound - Sound and vision

We cant connect these speakers to TV. Dont buy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock