Cable TV Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
9x Media to Shut down english music channel 9XO wef 31th May

9x team send mail to
All Mso & Dth operaters
PcF8Oq6.jpg

Last edited:
Sad but i knew this would happen in difficult phase like the present situation, also i think Tata Sky not adding this ch contributed to mounting challenge of not being able to reach niche audience which r of key importance here. Vh1 on other side has advantage of big parent firm backing it thus distribution or other issues much easy to handle. Tata Sky should hv added it back, i have strong doubts if carriage fee was issue or made out by putting unreasonable demand.. Anyways whatever b the case adjustments should have been done but now we r again left with just 1 international music ch on tv and its depressing. If And Xplor does not get added then same will happen there too sooner or later

It's wrong to shutdown only satellite international music channel. 9X Media is horrible at doing business. They would rather shutdown a segment where they have no competition than retain some regional and channels catering to old farts. Hopefully entire 9X Network shuts down.

It's wrong to shutdown only satellite international music channel. 9X Media is horrible at doing business. They would rather shutdown a segment where they have no competition than retain some regional and channels catering to old farts. Hopefully entire 9X Network shuts down.

Answer lies in % of audience share hindi music chs and eng music chs enjoy, huge gap so 9X can manage getting viewers in former but latter becomes a challenge unless u hv strong grip to eventually get ads. Niche segment is difficult one to operate in compared to mass oriented genres. Also 9XO had to pay huge amounts in carriage fee while vh1 enjoys reach by just being part of viacom18 bouquet which operators voluntarily sign on hence again difference in managing financial sustainability

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock