Breaking Airtel DTH has increased Lock In Period For A-La-carte to 30 days

What's your take on the 30 Days lock in period?

• Total voters
Financially good move to convert DTH users to Airtel Fiber users by giving discounts on bundle via Airtel Black. Also it gets rid of Low ARPU users. That's Airtel way of doing business. This is how they survived aggressive competition in telecom sector. It will be a good move for customers in longer run as well as long as they plan to upgrade their customer service and ground service. We need a premium player for people willing to pay for good service. They need to add "niche channels" like Vh1 HD if they want to cater to premium audience. Or add some free International service channels catering to that audience like Smithsonian HD, Curiosity Stream, E! News, FightBox HD etc. to stop from cord cutting. They need to differentiate their offering than other operators.
The actual problem is they only offer premium pricing not premium service and experience..

Exactly, do you see how terrible service is of something that was considered a premium service provider. There needs to be one premium option along with affordable ones.
I can understand that in an industry like this scaling is the only way to make good profits. But the thing is premium customers anyway opt for high end packs which contain all channels. Rest opt for mid range packs and add required channels through a la carte when required and people who want the channel for 30d will anyway subscribe to the channel for 30d. Many are in LDPs. We can say that people are ready to lock themselves for even 180d or 360d for good plans. Either Airtel should come up with affordable LDP high end packs or should remove lock-in on a la carte. Bringing affordable high end packs will lead to low ARPU from premium customer. That's why I oppose lock-in on a la carte channels. This will only lead people to ditch DTH which inturn will affect their scaling only.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock