Breaking Airtel DTH has increased Lock In Period For A-La-carte to 30 days

What's your take on the 30 Days lock in period?

• Total voters
I removed star svp hindi at 12:07 am, today the money of that pack is not deducted
tuc84v8.jpg
hkWEK6r.jpg

Bro, I don't care about any of this. I should get the channel till 12AM for which I had paid for. When there it's an automatic system, why should a customer go through the hassle of manual deactivation and in fact this luckily worked. I was still not sure if Airtel would deactivate properly. @somnath chakraborty bro said that he had placed the request but was not deactivated by Airtel. There are still many problems with this 30d lock-in. Accidental channel activation from Xstream box, minimum recharge is still 50rs i.e to activate a 1rs channel, if you don't have balance, you need to recharge with 50rs, channels gets deactivated when we activate a bouquet with the channel and doesn't reactivate after we remove the bouquet, possibility of channel not getting deactivated as scheduled and then looting money etc. etc.

Bro, i have not faced any such issue of channel not getting auto deactivated if same has been scheduled well in advance through a request. About having minimum balance for activating a channel i again cannot comment on it as being an airtel black subscriber i have again not faced any such issue though i agree this is not a user friendly policy and should be rolled back

Till IPL was running I had no issues with 30 days lock in. But now to watch a cricket match i need to pay for whole month. to watch WTCFinal have to subscribe SS1 HD .. Then again for Ashes I have to subscribe Sony Ten5 HD and there's no guarantee if they'll showing all the 5 test matches on same channel? Or maybe showing couple of games on Ten1 HD .

Last edited:
Till IPL was running I had no issues with 30 days lock in. But now to watch a cricket match i need to pay for whole month. to watch WTCFinal have to subscribe SS1 HD .. Then again for Ashes I have to subscribe Sony Ten5 HD and there's no guarantee if they'll showing all the 5 test matches on same channel? Or maybe showing couple of games on Ten1 HD .
Yesterday watched WTC on SS2 HD. Today will watch only in Hotstar. Not ready to pay for 30d.

Is there a mandate by TRAI that a alacarte channel must be subscribed for a minimum of 30 days? I added a channel yesterday and wanted to remove it today but couldn't. Called CC and they said you can't remove before 30 days and you will be charged for a minimum of 30 days no matter what. Please let me know.

Is there a mandate by TRAI that a alacarte channel must be subscribed for a minimum of 30 days? I added a channel yesterday and wanted to remove it today but couldn't. Called CC and they said you can't remove before 30 days and you will be charged for a minimum of 30 days no matter what. Please let me know.
Where were you since last 3 months 😅

Not trai mandated bro ...airtel has introduced lock in period of 30 days for ala carta channels since March
Thanks. Airtel doing what airtel does best then, basically.
Other providers have same rule in place, TS for instance? Could you tell?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock