• Thread starter Thread starter SPANDAN
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 190
  • Views Views: Views 25,307
This co incident or not just coming in my mind :huh:

Tata Sky performing very good in market until 2022 but suddenly
* just two years ago Sky left
* Ratan tata sir passed away yesterday and just before 24 to 48 hr before news arrived that Deal between Airtel and tata even this going on from December 23. ( mens Tata don't want run Dth business)

Tata Play introduced OTT plans for their customers... Finally it decreased Tata play customer base. It doesn't matter, it is Tata Sky (with High monthly rental) or Tata Play (monthly rental cheaper than other dth) but customer doesn't satisfied with current services immediately choosing a better new service.

Time is running out for Airtel to exit or renew the satellite SES7 before expiry, so they are try to evaluate options with Tata play for satellite capacity.

Buddy satellite bandwidth is not the reason for Airtel to evaluate acquiring Tata Play, they want to compete with Jio and by garnering more DTH Subscribers they have opportunity to expand their broadband business just like Reliance Jio post acquiring Den + Hathway Cable expanded its Fiber/Broadband business as it opened an avenue to sell its bundled offers to large Cable TV subscriber base

TP cunning, dth outdated thing upcoming time.

Till Tata Play was pursuing expansion u kept saying look Airtel should learn from Tata Play despite the fact that i kept telling that loss making business won't have a sustainable future hence Tata Play will sooner than later face issues.....now that they r seeing the loss making DTH business as they kept losing subscribers + revenues dipped and losses increases bcoz of their business strategy u r stating that Tata Play is smart infact it is Airtel which has emerged smartest in its Mobile, DTH, Broadband and even other businesses overcoming all the challenges / disruption by adopting correct strategy

Things I Know So Far!

Initial Talks Started On Nov'2023, It Took A Few Months Break In Between And Continuing,

Tata Play Has Some Terms And Conditions Very Much Particularly About Employees Retentions,

Apart From Buying There Are Lots Of Reasons For Negotiations Like Said Above,

If All Goes Well, We Will See Airtel Bought Tata Play!.
Thanks anna....and when i stated at various occasions in last 1 year that we may see Airtel Digital TV merging or acquiring Tata Play based on different observations then many members poked fun at me and called it rumor mongering....now that information has come out true i hope that in future they engage in constructive discussions rather than name calling

Thanks anna....and when i stated at various occasions in last 1 year that we may see Airtel Digital TV merging or acquiring Tata Play based on different observations then many members poked fun at me and called it rumor mongering....now that information has come out true i hope that in future they engage in constructive discussions rather than name calling
That still didn't justify non additions of important channels still missing in ADTV and the endless looong maintenance activities

I don't think that has got to do anything with mergers and acquisitions

Can Airtel use Tata Play's satellites at 83°E if this happens? Will Airtel also need to change their encryption system, since they use Nagravision and Tata Play uses NDS, or just adjust their dishes to 83°E?"
Airtel uses NDS encryption for HD boxes, Irdeto encryption for XStream Smart Android Boxes .....they will simply add additional encryption on concerned channels / transponders so that channels r received by respective box models

Both Tata Play And Airtel Uses NDS And Irdeto Encryption On Most Of The Boxes,

Android Boxes Of Both DTHs Uses Only Irdeto,

So Encryption Won't Be An Issue, In Fact The Manufacturer For Most Of Their STBs Are Same,,,,

Now manufacturer ain't same for most of the boxes of these two companies..... For example Airtel Digital TV has agreement with Dixon Technologies India Private Limited for its HD boxes while for XStream Box there have been various variants manufactured by Technicolor, Arris, Skyworth and right now again Technicolor (Vanitiva) is manufacturer .....Tata Play now using HD boxes manufactured by Flextronics and its Binge Box i believe is manufactured by Technicolor and they have launched just single variant of this box until now.....

Back
Top Bottom