• Thread starter mark2gp
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 67
  • Views: Views 5,928
Status
Not open for further replies.

mark2gp

Reaction score
Hi, most of the issues have been discussed elsewhere in the forum, but still can be confusing/outdated/discontinued at present.

#1.Can we operate internet apps without any dth balance?
#2.Are apps JioTv, Chrome, Kodi available in Play Store?
#3.Is side loading of these apps possible?
#4.4K/Atmos support now working for all major ott apps?
#5.Are usb hdd, remote kb/mouse, compatible with the box?
Many thanks in advance to those who take the time and trouble to provide the necessary info. 🙏

Last edited:
Major Grievance:- When I contacted Airtel support for clearing up some technical issues following the upgrade to Xstream V3 box, their response was that such issues have to be tackled by the local technician and I’ll be charged Rs.150/- per visit. Their take is that though the box is under warranty, this could be an external issue and hence chargeable. :confused:

ybzgw6f.jpg

No updates available at present. :sick:

Curious that the bundled OTT apps (Prime Video, Netflix etc) are the latest version, but the system apps (Youtube, Google Search, Google Movies, YT Kids/Music etc) have to be updated. o_O

Overall picture quality is lower than my older HD box from 5 years ago. HD content (both channels and OTT) look ok, but SD channels appear washed out. The home screen interface is dark enough that thumbnails on home menu (movie icons etc) are not clear. :mad:

These are a few specific issues that I am facing. (have gone through the forum, couldn't find any solution)

# Loud sound on startup.
A few seconds after power-on, there is a loud buzzing sound that lasts for a second or so. Is this normal? This is quite loud to damage the speakers, if the volume was at a medium-high level prior to shutdown.

# Unstable sound.
At times, sound of some channels keep fading in and out. This gets ok if we change channels and return, but not always. In some cases we have to restart the box for the problem to go away.

This is not an issue bro. Software update will automatically happen on ur XStream Box, these r rolled out in batches for all subscribers .

All apps get updated thru Google Play Store automatically even though u would not have signed in to ur google account on the XStream. You can even manually update by logging in on Google Play Store App on the box.

U need to modify ur TV Video/Picture settings which will help in optimising the picture quality received across channels. Also disable HDR Mode which will reduce darkness / washed away picture / unclear thumbnails issue.

Sound u r referring to is normal boot up sound which comes when Android TV icon appears on the screen. U need to go to audio settings on the box and reduce the box default volume which may be set high right now from manufacturer end. This would help resolve the issue

After a couple of days, it seems that the latest updates for Xstream V3 have automatically come thru. 😃

Day.0
AaKQuih.jpg

Day 2
3WgBHEF.jpg

Day.4
QB2oBdv.jpg

Soo finally running 2.1.4047 which i believe is the current version.:)

I cannot comment on sound issues related to updates (dolby, dts etc), but the display sharpness setting reverting back to 0 still exists.:mad:
There seems to be a mismatch in the color palette between DTH channels and OTT content. Overall colors and brightness are higher in TV content, and less so in Streaming content. :sad:

It’s often a case of Arnab glowing redder than a tomato VS a totally dull and washed out Andor. :oops:

Last edited:
After a couple of days, it seems that the latest updates for Xstream V3 have automatically come thru. 😃

Day.0
AaKQuih.jpg

Day 2
3WgBHEF.jpg

Day.4
QB2oBdv.jpg

Soo finally running 2.1.4047 which i believe is the current version.:)

I cannot comment on sound issues related to updates (dolby, dts etc), but the display sharpness setting reverting back to 0 still exists.:mad:
There seems to be a mismatch in the color palette between DTH channels and OTT content. Overall colors and brightness are higher in TV content, and less so in Streaming content. :sad:

It’s often a case of Arnab glowing redder than a tomato VS a totally dull and washed out Andor. :oops:

I am not facing any such sharpness or color palette issue on both TV Channels and OTT content accessed via Airtel XStream Smart Set Top Box on my LED TV.

Buddy, try changing video settings on ur TV to get optimum picture quality . Also try disabling HDR and observe if there is some improvement. Also check in STB settings if overscan option is causing some issue

Buddy, try changing video settings on ur TV to get optimum picture quality . Also try disabling HDR and observe if there is some improvement. Also check in STB settings if overscan option is causing some issue
Already set sharpness in tv to 80 and turned off hdr in stb (my tv doesnt support)

Where can i find overscan control in xstream stb?

The sharpness going back to zero seems to be a quite common topic in this forum.

Already set sharpness in tv to 80 and turned off hdr in stb (my tv doesnt support)

Where can i find overscan control in xstream stb?

The sharpness going back to zero seems to be a quite common topic in this forum.

Go to settings>android settings>resolution and there u will find overscan option

Go to settings>android settings>resolution and there u will find overscan option
Bro present Airtel x stream & Tata play binge+ boxes r lot of bugs and problemes there I'm using both boxes, still waiting for new Android box with latest software version, when these dth services launch new boxes eagerly waiting...

Bro, I don't have any specific overscan settings

LI5YQ0k.jpg

Only several resolution/refresh rates to choose from

xI7Puw6.jpg

But thanks to your suggestion, i tweaked the xstream /tv display settings to match each other more. The picture quality has vastly improved now. 🙏

Last edited:
Bro present Airtel x stream & Tata play binge+ boxes r lot of bugs and problemes there I'm using both boxes, still waiting for new Android box with latest software version, when these dth services launch new boxes eagerly waiting...

I have not faced any major bug while using Airtel XStream Box for last more than 2 years....small issues will always remain in all tech products no matter even if companies put in extra effort to deliver the best product to customers

Favourites on Xstream

You can choose channels as favorites from :-

While watching a particular channel, by clicking on options and then the heart symbol;
hTLwS8s.jpg

OR

From the favourites menu in settings, where you can add channels from a list.
LDxQUp3.jpg

There’s no dedicated button on remote to access your favourites.

Channels set as favorites are displayed in a horizontal row on the home page.
n171ZJl.jpg

While watching TV, you can access your favourites by clicking the left key on the circular button.
[Clicking right brings up the apps list.]
ngQDaI1.jpg

Note, favourites are sorted in the order of their LCN.
There seems to be no way to sort or arrange the favorite channels in any particular order. :confused:

Last edited:
Favourites on Xstream

You can choose channels as favorites from :-

While watching a particular channel, by clicking on options and then the heart symbol;
hTLwS8s.jpg

OR

From the favourites menu in settings, where you can add channels from a list.
LDxQUp3.jpg

There’s no dedicated button on remote to access your favourites.

Channels set as favorites are displayed in a horizontal row on the home page.
n171ZJl.jpg

While watching TV, you can access your favourites by clicking the left key on the circular button.
[Clicking right brings up the apps list.]
ngQDaI1.jpg

Note, favourites are sorted in the order of their LCN.
There seems to be no way to sort or arrange the favorite channels in any particular order. :confused:

Great information.

So left part of the circular key on remote in a way is the dedicated key to access favorite channels.

I think there will be an option to rearrange favourite list in the settings section like in HD STB we can reset the order of favorite channels thru colors keys.

Will test and update here soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock