Airtel extreme box is one of best picture quality and sound quality, are good and again android 10 software updates is good information .tataplay binge setupbox is waste of money picture quality is good,sound quality is very bad,and setupbox software hanging problem, android 9 software version so screen mirror is not working, so waste of money in tataplay binge boxGuys recently I upgraded to Xstream Smart Box -002 thats what Airtel guys calls it.
So, I placed STB Upgrade request on July 29th and after multiple calls & mails they finally upgraded my STB on Aug 5th
STB Upgrade price - Rs.1150 (Hotstar Super Plan Free)
STB made by Felxtronics
CPU - Quad-core Mediatek MT5251 clocked at 1.4GHz
GPU - ARM Mali T820
RAM - 2GB
ROM - 8GB (Claimed) but actually we get only 4.7GB of total storage
• Very Compact design compared to Internet TV and old Xstream box as it takes very less space.
• Boot animation of Android 10 & Xstream logo is awesome
• Booting time is very fast. Just under 20sec
• UI looks much refined and sleek
• STB is fast enough as i didn't face any lag issues when switching from DTH channels to OTT & vice- versa
• Remote is same as old Xstream box and the response time is quite fast.
Un-verified : As I have LG 2.1ch Soundbar i can't actually feel the difference between PCM & Dolby audio both Audios feels the same on my Soundbar.
Apps like Hotstar, Prime, Netflix are showing DD5.1 tag when Dolby mode is on STB
This is something anyone with Real 5.1ch Home theatre setup should check
• On installation STB enables HDR mode across all content which makes non - HDR content i,e TV channels colors looks over saturated and dark whereas HDR content on i,e Netflix, Prime looks good
• To watch TV channels I have to set HDR mode off and for OTT content i have to again turn it back.
• This is very frustrating for everytime i switch between TV channels & OTT i have to turn on/off the HDR mode.
• Now, Coming to Picture quality HD channels looks good but the real problem is with SD channels i,e News channels i can't read the news scrolling.
• My previous Internet TV used to give much sharper PQ therefore SD channels also looks good.
• On STB, Advanced settings the sharpness is set by default to 'Zero' and everytime i try to increase it goes back to default 'Zero'
Known Bugs :
• Auto - HDR mode should be smart enough to differentiate between HDR & Non- HDR content. HDR mode should only be triggered when the Content played is HDR
• Display Sharpness is always set to 'Zero'
These two are the major software bugs i came across which can be easily resolved with right patch update. Let's hope Airtel is quick enough to send OTA updates
Currently, this the Software Version my STB is on. Is this the latest firmware ??
Bottom Line : Overall I'm disappointed with this STB for latest OS & faster CPU i have to compromise on PQ of TV channels
Still fav implementation is really really bad and that's the main reason I am still using binge+ ..though time to time this android 10 update is trying to sway my mindAirtel extreme box is one of best picture quality and sound quality, are good and again android 10 software updates is good information .tataplay binge setupbox is waste of money picture quality is good,sound quality is very bad,and setupbox software hanging problem, android 9 software version so screen mirror is not working, so waste of money in tataplay binge box
We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.