DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 130,356
Hi K2Max6, I'm existing Airtel DTH customer. Xstream box is not available on Airtel portal for my city (Mysore) for exchange/upgrade (2249/-). Stock is available on Amazon website. My question is how can I avail upgradation (2249/-) offer if I book online from Amazon or Flipkart. Please help.

Hi K2Max6, I'm existing Airtel DTH customer. Xstream box is not available on Airtel portal for my city (Mysore) for exchange/upgrade (2249/-). Stock is available on Amazon website. My question is how can I avail upgradation (2249/-) offer if I book online from Amazon or Flipkart. Please help.
I think upgradation may not be possible from these sites. Actually Airtel itself not even interested in upgradations at this moment.

I don’t know if something messed up since the last time I checked , it was working when I tested. I can’t test it again since its no longer connected to a HT and is in a different room.
Have you all set sound output to auto or manual. I had selected manual and selected all the formats it showed. I tested each speaker channel for sound and it was 5.1. I tested Jack Ryan.
I’ll still see if I can test again.

One more doubt bro....
What type of remote it is, Bluetooth or ordinary IR type ?
Both ; bluetooth for the box and IR for tv buttons like power/volume/av/mute.
Upgrade is not possible via amazon and Flipkart. The cities that don’t have it yet will have to wait as they have already run out of stock in some of the cities they launched.

@k2max6 , bro you upgraded to Xstream box right,
1) So did they installed and upgrade New Dish Antenna as well with new LNB and NEW power adaptor?
2) Can we extend internal storage with MicroSD card to install apps?
3) Does Wifi and Bluetooth Connection drops ?
4) I have older version of Airtel TV installed in my phone which can access Airtel thanks benefits including live TV and Airtel TV premium over DIFFERENT mobile network operators which is restricted in latest xtream app.
So did you try older apk version of any app like Airtel TV and JIO TV to TEST LIVE TV ?

@k2max6 , bro you upgraded to Xstream box right,
1) So did they installed and upgrade New Dish Antenna as well with new LNB and NEW power adaptor?
2) Can we extend internal storage with MicroSD card to install apps?
3) Does Wifi and Bluetooth Connection drops ?
4) I have older version of Airtel TV installed in my phone which can access Airtel thanks benefits including live TV and Airtel TV premium over DIFFERENT mobile network operators which is restricted in latest xtream app.
So did you try older apk version of any app like Airtel TV and JIO TV to TEST LIVE TV ?
1. I live in a high rise society so no idea on the lnb. You’ll get new power adapter & hdmi cable as well.
2. Yes, you can extend internal storage by adding micro SD and it will show as shared internal storage. Android automatically manages app installation and data in it.
3. No
4. I did not try sideloading the airtel tv app, I tried only Jio TV and it didn’t work, no idea what version apk it was. You can access some live channels via airtel xstream web interface using firefox.

Last edited:
Can we connect Soundbar through Bluetooth ? If yes, can we use remote apk in a phone to control the box at the same time ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock