DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 130,111
Airtel underestimated the market. They forgot the fact that the market currently lacks any worthy competitor offering an affordable smart TV experience.
Maybe since their Internet TV was not so successful (flop) , they wanted to see the response and then move forward. If that was the case, they should have released Xstream box with better hardware ie at least 3 gb ram and 32 gb internal storage and better chipset.

Maybe since their Internet TV was not so successful (flop) , they wanted to see the response and then move forward. If that was the case, they should have released Xstream box with better hardware ie at least 3 gb ram and 32 gb internal storage and better chipset.
Not actually a flop. But it was overpriced for sure.

They could have easily used an Amlogic chipset like S905X2 but I think they opted for the low config for more profit...In that case, people who play high-res android games would also have been delighted...I don't play android games myself but having a powerful chipset & more ram/rom always helps...

I am from chennai.. my pin is not listed to upgrade my HD box to XStream. I just simply mailed to all Nodal Airtel team. Got reply same day and installation completed next day.
when was the installation happened ?

I am from chennai.. my pin is not listed to upgrade my HD box to XStream. I just simply mailed to all Nodal Airtel team. Got reply same day and installation completed next day.
Wow, you are one lucky chap. Congrats and enjoy your new equipment and don't forget to share your experience. Can you please PM me the mail ID of nodal Airtel team. TIA.

So, it seems it is running out of stock if not already. Makes one think that Airtel launched Xstream Box in haste without keeping enough stock just before Jio Gigafiber launch to make an impact but may be failing miserably if they don't get enough stock back. Also, noteworthy is that it is available only in select cities and not pan India.

Well companies do take controlled steps specially when entering niche segment. There r people interested in OTT but still one cannot be sure how many will opt for hybrid box. In many cases people continue regular box + have personalised OTT App or Fire Stick.

Regarding ur last point , well internet availability and specially at high speed is restricted to some cities hence it makes perfect sense to launch in core potential markets

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock